Wacky Weather

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well we are in the middle of the most interestingstorm. It was sunny and nice this morning, now it's windy, raining, andhailing. Winds are gusting up to 100km/h and more than a few trees lookabout ready to snap and they're BIG TREES. We have a chance of athunderstorm (a THUNDERSTORM in DECEMBER?!). There is also a predictedsnowfall. Because of the severity of this storm, there is a possibiltyof be being gone a few days if there is a lot of damage done by falltrees.

P.S.- My boys are outside happily chomping on hay as hail pelts theback of their cage. I had to run outside with a helmet on to check onthem.

My, my! With weather like that there isno doubt Who is in control, eh? Here in NJ, USA people almostget to believe that they are in control of the weather because itseldom seems life threatening and/or violent.

Having lived in Wyoming, we remember the vagaries of extreme weatherand the problems it can bring, some life threatening, so we aren't socomplacent about the weather.

You guys, hunker down up there and ride this one out safely!

Buck

:shock: Wow, Laura!!

I love storms, but when you have to wear helmets and worry about falling trees, it certainly turns to being scary quickly.

We had weather here today that was in the high 40s and it felt warm.It's snowing now, and Old Man Winter's supposed to be coming intonight. The weatherman has been telling us that the transition over toa cold, snowy winter is now here beginning this week.

Do keep us posted so that we know you're okay.

-Carolyn

It's all good. :)No power out here,although one set of lights on the highway was damaged because they hadit as as flashing red only. Signs on the highways are smashed andfallen, we lost shingles, to check my bunnies I had to put on my oldriding helmet but the hail was coming at such an angle that it just hitmy face.

It would have been a tornado had it been only 10*C/18*F warmer outside. The temperature dropped 7*C/13*F in a matter of minutes.

It's the first time I've ever seen thunderstorms predicted for December although none happened.

Even a shed was blown over, it was only about 2' by 5' but it was pushed right over and was left leaning against a tree.

Some interesting weather I tell you! Thank goodness for only minor damage.

I've had more than one of those stories.:pThe last few years have been wacky, we've had minor floods(keep in mind I live in the prairies), numerous tornados, blizzards inJune, wacky weather I tell you!

Wow! I heard about that storm on the news today. Crazy...

It seems Toronto doesn't get any weather lol. I think smog preventsit?? Because though its cold right now (-24C but feels like -36C) So toyou Americans it would feel like -32F.

We don't have any snow!! NONE!! And it's almost Christmas...and I cansee the grass and blah!!! I'm sad... I hate snowless Christmas's!

It just started snowing today. Which is fine withme, because I hate the stuff. But it is nice to have a whiteChristmas (provided it doesn't melt before then....)

Wow we never have anything near as cold as that.Its just started snowing here this morning. It has stuck a bit butnothing to drastic. I'm going to wrap my girls up warm and take themoutside and see what Caitlyn thinks of her first snow. Alyssa isanxious for her Daddy to come home from work so he can make her asnowman.

Vickie

We had a blizzard last night lol, I woke up tofresh snow and huge snow drifts. I tell you, if it's nice out today, myboys are going to LOVE it.

:shock:The weather here just can't makeup its mind! Today there is a high of 9*F/-13*C and a low of-8*F/-22*C. Tomorrow is a high of 3*F/-16*C, Thursday is a high of45*F/7*C but a low of 0*F/-18*C! Friday is a high of 41*F/5*C, andSaturday is a high of 27*F/-3*C.

We never know what we're gonna get!

Alberta's always had weird weather like that lolI think because the jetstream is like right in the middle there usuallyso its either warm one day or snowing the next :p

As for Toronto, it snowed last night!! We got...maybe a centimetre...ugh...thats not enough!! :X

I know, Alberta is weird! We have a fair bit ofsnow from the blizzard and the non-stop light snowfall that we keephaving. My boots get full of snow when I walk on fresh spots. I can'twait to take the bunnies fora walk in it!

And I hope you bring your camera! Because I loveseeing Moch and Spice badboys playing in the snow... lets hope theirtattoo's dont wash off :p

I said no power outage here. We were lucky, some parts of other places in the storm lost power but we didn't.

Oh cool. It must be fun though, you guys have somuch excitement in life. I love snow and when there are lots of snow.All we get in Toronto is cold.

Latest posts

Back