Volleyball!! team!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Hello everyone, on tuesday i tried out for the grade 9 girls volleyball team.. i thought i did ok.. no one was cut on the first day of tryouts *phew*:biggrin2: anyone have volleyball tips for doing a overhand serve?
Thanks

-April and Bunbuns

Good luck!

(I don't have any tips, I just wanted to say that ^ )

Congrats! :biggrin2:

To make it over the net with an overhand serve is less about how hard you hit it and more about at what position you hit it. I don't know if that made any sense. haha! It's not all about power. I hit it with the bottom half of the palm of my hand and you it it at the apex of it's ascent upward (the highest point and at a large angle upward. A lot of people have problems with trying to hit it as hard as possible and end up hitting it downward and it can't make it over. Jeez! I don't even know if that made any sense! haha! I just started coaching volleyball for girls so I'm learning as I go too. I'm also on the school faculty volleyball team. :biggrin2:

t.

COOL! Good luck! We are a volleyball family here! My niece is actually a paralympian with the women's seated volleyball team! She went to Greece for the Paralympics and is supposed to go to China next year for them.

I'll maybe see her this weekend and I'll see if she has any tips :)

GOOD LUCK! :biggrin2:

i haven't played volleyball in a looonnggg time, actually i haven't since i was in about grade 9. just keep working hard and the coaches will see that you are willing to work as hard as you can to improve!

good luck!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
COOL! Good luck! We are a volleyball family here! My niece is actually a paralympian with the women's seated volleyball team! She went to Greece for the Paralympics and is supposed to go to China next year for them.
Now THAT is seriously cool.

Good luck! I can't play any sports: other people run towards the ball as I run away from it. Volleyball is my (all-girls) school's big sport. We've been State Champions 5 times since 2000 and CIF champions every year since 2001, except this year. They lost in the CIF semi-finals, but we love them anyway.

It is. She got a bronze medal and all that stuff. They are governed by the Olympic Committee - it's just after the regular games.

Flashy wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Now THAT is seriously cool.

Back