vitiman food??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c&c babies

Reaction score
i went out to get vitiman foodfor my bunny but all they had was bags of vitiman foodthatis for hamsters and gerbals do you think i can give it to my bunnies??

ps i havent let them eat it yet i want to hear what everyone had to say about it

Why are you feeding your rabbit vitamin food? Rabbits should get all the vitamins they need from a good quality pellet. I don't like to add in vitamin supplements unless the animals are ill.

c&c babies wrote:
i went out to get vitiman foodfor my bunny but all they had was bags of vitiman foodthatis for hamsters and gerbals do you think i can give it to my bunnies??

ps i havent let them eat it yet i want to hear what everyone had to say about it
hi,glad-to answer your question,..-hamsters and gerbals eat a different diet than a rabbit,,rabbits are rear or hind gut fermenters,,their gut flora require grasses..ie timothy/orchard/yard grasses(organic only),,-daily-a small amount of-quality lowfat-pellets- (with vitamins)- ,and weeds from the safe list.ie dandelions.//..rabbits cannot have seeds-that the gerbil,hamster food may have in the bag with pellets.??-i raise exotics,,you are welcome to visit my website listed on my profile,,sincerely james waller:big wink:-

Rabbits need a good quality pellet, with no seeds or colorful bits, and that good quality pellet will provide the vitamins they need

Latest posts

Back