vitapoos?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuddlexoverload

Reaction score
I know there is manysubjects and posts about these poos. hehe, But holly has some poopmadded in her fur.. on her booty. and i managed to pick some out andthey were the dark squishy grape vitapoo looking ones? Now. I know manyof these questions are answered but just about Holl's what should I do?how would I go about cleaning them off? How could i keep her fromgetting this anymore?

cuddlexoverload wrote:
I know there is many subjects andposts about these poos. hehe, But holly has some poop madded in herfur.. on her booty. and i managed to pick some out and they were thedark squishy grape vitapoo looking ones? Now. I know many of thesequestions are answered but just about Holl's what should I do? howwould I go about cleaning them off? How could i keep her from gettingthis anymore?
Take a warm, damp cloth and sort of "wipe" or "sponge" them off of her.You could try putting down more shavings or whatever you use, thatmight deter it from happening again.

Never bathe your rabbit, they don't like it, and they could go intoshock and/or die if they're that stressed out. I'd only bathe yourbun(s) if they are beyound repair that a cloth can get.

Ellie

Try warm soapy water and a towel to clean her tushie.

A tushie bath might be necessary depending on how bad it is. Luke warmwater, just enough to lower the bun's tush into and clean her. Makesure she completely dry afterward.

Trimming the fur can also help prevent this from happening.

Too much protein in the diet can cause this.

I had the same problem with a bunny at the petstore this summer, we used a bit of kitten shampoo, warm water and adamp cloth. I also found by adding a bit of oatmeal to their pellets ithelps to deter it from reappearing!

Lisa

Latest posts

Back