Visiting the US

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheenisowner

Reaction score
Has anyone ever crossed the border into the US with their rabbit before? Is there anything I need to make sure I have just so they know that she is mine? Any information would be very helpful :) I tend to go to NY quite a bit from the Niagara Buffalo border and I don't trust anyone to take care of her but me lol

Any info would be great!

i.e. documents, vaccinations etc.

According to Us customs and border protection:

"Rabbits, Guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets and other pet rodents -
There are no CDC or FWS restrictions or requirements on these animals if brought in as pets." Source: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/travel/pets_wild.ctt/pets.pdf

Return entry to Canada from US does not require permits or health certificates either. Source: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals...ports/rabbits/eng/1331850639367/1331850850188

Personally I would bring a health certificate/ statement from your vet and any copies of vaccinations just to be double safe. My experience with border control in US/Canada as an Australian citizen has always been extremely thorough background checking and questioning. Otherwise, sounds if bunny is up to it you have nothing to worry about.

I know that breeders go across the boarder on a regular basis without too much fuss. They tend to have a lot more than 1 rabbit too.
I think that if you say you have a rabbit, then there isn't too much of an issue. Be careful with veggies and fruit as that can be more troublesome that a rabbit. Since rabbits don't get vaccinations, there is nothing to worry about there. A vet health certificate can be helpful, but isn't 100% needed, usually people need those for airlines or some states/cities require them.

Latest posts

Back