Vinegar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briennap

Reaction score
What type of vinegar is best to use on pee spots to rid of the smell again??? And whichever safest for my bun of course

I believe 5% acid vinegar is strong enough (which should be the one you'll find most commonly, just 'white vinegar'), and most people recommend diluting it 1:1 with plain water.

I haven't remembered to pick up a spray bottle yet, so right now I just blot vinegar straight onto a paper towel and rub it into the spot... smells a bit like salt & vinegar chips, but otherwise seems okay!

I believe 5% acid vinegar is strong enough (which should be the one you'll find most commonly, just 'white vinegar'), and most people recommend diluting it 1:1 with plain water.

I haven't remembered to pick up a spray bottle yet, so right now I just blot vinegar straight onto a paper towel and rub it into the spot... smells a bit like salt & vinegar chips, but otherwise seems okay!

I'm sure the smell dies out after a couple hours though right? And does it really work with keeping buns away?

A 50/50 mix of 5% white vinegar and water is excellent for general cleaning/disinfecting... for stubborn stuff (and pee), straight vinegar can be more effective (and you could even use the 9% stuff if you wanted). Depending on the surface in question, it might be wise to spot-test just to make sure the vinegar won't harm the item. Regardless of the concentration used, it'll be totally safe for your bunny once it's dry since vinegar doesn't leave residue behind.

I'm sure the smell dies out after a couple hours though right? And does it really work with keeping buns away?

It's not the smell of the vinegar that deters them - it's the lack of residual pee smell (which can easily linger for ages if the spot isn't cleaned up well enough - just because you can't smell anything doesn't mean they can't) ;)

Latest posts

Back