(Video) Help! Bunny not nesting? Is this a pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am on day 31 of rabbit pregnancy. No nesting. I’ve put straw in and a box. No interest. I see her belly moving like babies in it. (Attached video) But now I’m feeling unsure. What the latest I should wait before I rebreed? Thanks x

Attachments

• IMG_7631.mov
    34.3 MB
I had does kindle on day 35. And sometimes they start nest building just in time. Movement of the belly can be anything, my way to tell at this stage is watching them hop from behind, a fat doe moves like a maggot, a pregnant one more like she had swallowed a melon that is moving left and right. Well, not a surefire way to tell, I would wait at least another week, I definitly got surprises I did not expect too.

I had does kindle on day 35. And sometimes they start nest building just in time. Movement of the belly can be anything, my way to tell at this stage is watching them hop from behind, a fat doe moves like a maggot, a pregnant one more like she had swallowed a melon that is moving left and right. Well, not a surefire way to tell, I would wait at least another week, I definitly got surprises I did not expect too.
Thank you so much for replying. I will wait. We had three successful fallouts and she stayed with hun the next three days in his hutch before I removed him. I’m hoping that’s enough. It’s my first time breeding. And first litter x

Some Does don't nest till the same night or morning they have their babies. Some will nest a week or two beforehand and then pull fur just before giving birth. while others only nest and pull fur just before giving birth.

I once got told to wait till day 40 before trying again as some does do go to at least day 35, my Bunny Bella went to day 32

Some Does don't nest till the same night or morning they have their babies. Some will nest a week or two beforehand and then pull fur just before giving birth. while others only nest and pull fur just before giving birth.

I once got told to wait till day 40 before trying again as some does do go to at least day 35, my Bunny Bella went to day 32
Ok brilliant. Thanks so much. I will wait. Thanks for taking your time to reply

She had her babies the next morning after I posted. Four but one was still born.

Latest posts

Back