Video Games

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
What's your favorite video game and why?

I'm looking for new games to play but I don't know which ones to try next...I like pretty much all types of games.

SIMS2 ahh..I'm an addict!

Other than TS2, I love a game called Pharaoh, its a very old game, but it is so much fun. Its city building. Its quite difficult and took me ages to work out but once you understand you get addicted! You basically can play it two ways, you can either build a random city, just build what you like, with no reason, or you can select a 'mission' which means you need to complete certain tasks to complete the scenario. It is usually to do with rankings, like you might have to manage to get 100 prosperity rating, 100 culture, 100 kingdom (how well you are seen in the country) and 100 Monument (how many monuments you have) along with a certain number of posh houses. Other than that, you can also play in timeline mode, which is how you learn the game, it takes you through all the different periods of Egyptian society, and you 'see' how they progress. In the first scenario of that you only have like wells and bad housing, and you can only really hunt meat to feed the people. At the other end of the spectrum you get to the stage where you can make paint, jewellery, have festivals, build pyramids, make papyrus, and loads of other things. You can exchange with other cities. Sometimes there are wars that you have to win.

Its sounds really weird but its so fun. Everything you do will need something else to get there, if you see what I mean. So in order to make pottery for your houses, you need to have a clay pit with enough people working in it to get clay, then you need a potter to make the clay into pots. Then you need a storage yard to store the pots, and then you need a bazaar to sell the pots to the people!

I've blabbed for ages! But its a great game, it would be cheap too. I got the game like 6 years ago for about £10, then I lost it and a few year ago bought the game and expansion for £5 ($10) :biggrin2:

This is a link to a page that has reviews and screenshots on it.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
SIMS2 ahh..I'm an addict!
YEEEEESSS I have finally found another one of my kind!

I have got all the sims1s (all the expanxsion packs etc) and all the sims 2 ones they are amazing, and i cannot wait till 2009 becuase theres going to be a sims 3 - omg i lvoe it so much - on sims1 they didnt have age and the people didnt grow up it just counted how many sim days you had been plahing for and i got up to 203 i was very proud!!!

I've got all the expansions, but not allt he stuff packs. I think I am missing the Glamour Life stuff pack and the IKEA one has only just come out.

Apparently the last TS2 expansion pack is 'Apartment life' which comes out this Autumn.

I'm the type of person that starts something and doesn't finish (especially with games lol) but I like playing the following:

• The Sims 2 (really like this one)
  • I enjoyed the Sims Life Stories and Pet Stories (have started playing Life stories again. I also have Castaway stories but I wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean online
  • Guild Wars
  • I liked Zelda: The Twilight Princess (for the Wii)
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • The last few nights DH and I have been playing Lego Indiana Jones and it's fun but I think it's more fun with two people.
That's all I can think of now...

Another Sims2 fan :). I started playing back in 2000 with the original Sims. I don't play nearly as much as I used to but on the rare occasion that I get a chance to play I will stay on for HOURS!

I also like Guitar Hero, I'm such a Rock Star......on the easy level ;)

What systems do you have? Do you just have a computer or do you have a Wii, PS2, anything like that?

I'm not a big fan of most video games as I get bored with them easily. But I looooove my Wii. I've been playing it several times a week for months, much longer than I get hooked on games for my computer or PS2. My favorite game on it is either Resident Evil 4 (zombiekilling goodness, point with remote to aim the gun)or Trauma Center (use the Wii remote to do surgeries, anime style graphics and story). Lately I've been playing a lot of Toki Tori, which is a downloadable game for the Wii where you each level is a puzzle that you have to figure out how to move through. I've also been playing someold Gamecube games because they all play on the Wii and they're super cheap. Mainly the first Metroid Prime, which ismore of a first-person adventure thanthe typicalshooting-heavy first person shooter.It's pretty fun.

Have you ever played Black & White? It's an older computer game and you might be able to find it really cheap. You play as a god with an area of land and people to manage, and you have a large animal avatar that you can train to do things. The name comes from the choices that you make in the game, as you can choose to do things in a nice or evil way and that affects other things like which abilities your animal will get and how your people react to you.

Oh, and the Lego Star Wars games are tons of fun!

i like simulator games but my fave is racing so naturally i love gran turismo. the latest is awsome (gran turismo prologue) but its not for some one that quits easy. id sugest renting it first but i went and bought it the day it came out and was the 2nd person in town to have a copy :Di also like the grand theft auto games too

Another Sims lover.
I had all the Sims expansion packs, bought TS2 as soon as it came out and have all the expansion packs, but none of the stuff packs.

I didn't know there would be a sims 3. I have to admit, as much as I love TS2, I was a little angry that I'd invested all the time & money in the expansion packs for the original game only to have to start all over again.

missyscove wrote:
I didn't know there would be a sims 3. I have to admit, as much as I love TS2, I was a little angry that I'd invested all the time & money in the expansion packs for the original game only to have to start all over again.
SAme for me!
Me and my mum started playing it in 1999 - 2000 and are still playing it 7-8 years later!

Luckily I didn't buy all the Sims Expansions. I only had House Party I think. I have Sims 2 with all te expansions but I'm not that keen on the Sims 3. I think it probably is brilliant but I don't like the 'free-range' idea that much. I may change my opinions when it comes out, but I will probably continue playing both!

I love the Sims 2!!! I just go some new expansion packs on tuesday for my birthday!! I love the game! Unfortunatley I had to erase evething I already had in order to install my new ones. :XBut I have better things so it is kinda okay.

I agree wit you pinksalamander about that "free range" thing on Sims 3. The graphics are kinda funny too.

Latest posts

Back