Vicisouness?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
i thought i would spam another part of the ofurm, given i seem to have active threads in lots ofnplsces.

im not durea nyonr can help much, but i dont know unless i ask.

Cloud was a vicious nasty man until he was neutered. he was almost cage territorial, natsy to get out, nasty to cage in the run, but mostly (not always though) in my arms he was a sop. He was handled early as a baby, ands even now at 16 months he will fall asleep if i hold him the same way i did when he was a kit. he was only nasty with me, not anyone else.

When he was neutered (end of july)he was lovely, soppy, friendly, i could catxch him again, i could pick him up again, no need for thick gloves.

Now he's bonded with rthe dopeys (eveyrone was suprurised its worke,d but so far it has, hopeuflly it will keep working, they do seem to love each other lots). for a while things were great, but we are back where we were, he is so nasty to me whenever i get near him. he lunges, grunts, bites (i currenrly have a series of wound son my hand form one episode where he tried to lstch onto me and dshake my hand but couldn't get a satisfactory grip). i can't get any of them out unless my dad is about to put them away, we are back with the thick gloves.

So, any ideas on how i can tunr his behaviour aorund again? i make sure i go in with confident movenent, im not scared of him anymore because im getting wuicker and can read him earlier than ever before, but i dont want a vicou bunny, i want my soppy guyback.

rthanks in advance :)

Hi Flashy!

Sorry you're dealing with a vicious bunny! They definitely aren't fun to deal with!

Maybe he feels like he is top bun with the dopeys, so that you are lower than him? (Maybe the power has gotten to his head :p). What I did with Pebbles when she was trying to over power me by acting aggressive, I put my hand on her head and gently pressed down and held my hand for a few seconds to show her that I was the boss. That would stop any aggression and she would calm down a bit. I put my hand on her head before I pick her up awell, then go to pick her up like usual. Then she doesn't bolt forward or start acting aggressive.

Hope that helps a bit! I'm sure more people will come with more tips and suggestions! Good luck with Cloud!
:biggrin2:

Ya know....... I have no clue because I was going to post about how much of a complete brat Tony has become! :X

Today he nipped my arm when I reached into his cage.... I figured he thought I was taking his food since I was sorta playing with him and stuff.... ok I'll give him that.

Later, I touched his ellflunk stuffy and he lunged and grunted and looked real mean.

THEN Lexi was just putting him in his cage and he leaps to it and fights and is going to hurt himself when he wants down or whatever....... so we put our hand on his head to kind of control him a little...... he bit her.

Thanks Spring. I knwo that that would be an impossile thing to fo with Cloud though because of how he is. Anytime I go anywhere near his head, I get bitten (and not little nips), the only way I can catch him is from behind. You are right though, I had heard of others doing that with the head, but it is just not something that I could do with Cloud, unless I wanted to lsoe my fingers.

Good lcuk Bo B, he sxounds a case now, but it could easily get worse and he could get really nasty. I kno you're not planning to neiter him, but if he gets really awful, it may leave you no option. Good lcukw tih him.

Thanks! That's my fear too - he's a big boy and since we can't neuter him to show him - it's kinda disturbing.

I'm going to work with him some and with the kids. I think we're going to have to lure him out of his cage to get him so we don't get bitten. He hates being picked up and that is part of it. Too bad tho - show bunny needs to be picked up.

Maybe it's just his hormone rush?

could be, depending on his age. it could also be the season becsuse that is a biggie in cauding bad behaviour. just be careful because bunny bites REALLY hurt when they want to.

Another thing I do with big Bru when I have to catch him but don't want to fight with him trying to pick him up, I use the carrier (a box or something would work too :D). From when he first came home, I would put the carrier in his cage and he would hop in, then I close the door and bring the carrier to where ever he has to go. Then when I have to bring him back to his cage, I just let him hop back in, and then bring him back to his cage. You could also try putting a little treat in the carrier for him then bring it to an area where he can run around so he associates it with treats and free time. Just a suggestion so you don't have to go through so much trouble with the littlebratty boy!

thats a GREAT idesa!:great:

I'm definitely going to try that. I have a feeling though that after once, he will suss it, which is unfortunate. He seems to pick up things quickly, like when banana has medicine on/in it, when i am closing him off form the others. Any little trick I try to pull he willalways figure it out and learn from it the next time, but I will definitely try it.

THANK NYOOU!

Latest posts

Back