VHD next day side effects

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosieleon

Reaction score
Poppet got her VHD jag yesterday and when she got home was eatting as normal and hopping about like the cheeky little thing she is but at night time she was sitting in her toilet tray(where she has decided is her bed) and very unresponciveand sleepy.

Knowing that you normally get a bit tired after a jag I made sure she had lots of lovely food and went to bed.

This morning she was the exact same and then finally went to hop out of her bed and up on to where her food is and completely miss judged the jump landing right on her face.

She now has her left paw completely turned in and now is hopping about for a minute or two then it tires her out for the next 30 minutes.

I looked this up and hear that the limping is comon 24 - 48 hours after but does anyone have any aftercare tips. Is there anything that I could be doing to make her comfortable? I know everyone is different and if she want out I am going to let her take the lead, if she wants to sleep then that is fine with me but should I be monitoring how much she is eating/ drinking to make sure she gets better quickly.

Its horrible to see her like this, God only knows what I am going to be like when she gets nutered!!! I will need medication!!!!!!!

I haven't had experience with it either. =P But, I know what you're saying. When you post something you're usually at the point of 'SOMEone" please HELP ME!!!!!"

All I can say is as with any other thing like this, keep an eye on Poppet, and if you see *any* changes what so ever for the worse, call your vet up right away. Or if you're already that worried, give them a call. A simple call now is worth it to put you as ease and keep you from worring further over possibly nothing.

Latest posts

Back