Vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanTheDutch

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my new bun. I took him to theVet today because the pet store I got him from had their buns beingbrought back dead so I was like Duncan is going to the vet.

We got to the vet. He is fine. He is very heathy and has no problems. And he is about 6-8 weeks old.

But....

He is a [suB][suP]She.[/suP][/suB]

It was so funny. The doc said that when they are young its hardto tell which sex it is. He isnt positive but he said that he thinksits a girl. We are suppost to bring "him" back in about 2 months to besure. But I thought you guys could use a laugh.

Im so glad your baby is healthy! i used to have adutch rabbit named pudding he was adorable! I love Dutch bunnies. Doyou have any pics?

Yeah its very hard when they are that age, i findit easier when they are newborns feeling how many nipples they have. Ifthey have 2 or less they are boys and girls will have more than 2. In acouple Weeks you can feel if the testicles are coming in, if duncan isa boy.

Thanks. I still havent got him to go pee in thelitter box though. Yuck! lol. Were getting there though. Buthe/she(lol) ismy baby. My cats dont like him to much though.We are still getting used to each other, but im sure we will be justgreat soon.

Sara and Duncan

Usually dutch's will teach themselves..your thefirst person ive met that their dutch hasnt tought themselves. Both ofmine did the day i got them. My cat is very afraid of my rabbits..lucygot out of the room one time and ive never seen a cat run so fast lol.

Lol. Well I have three cats and my cat roo justsniffs him, mostly his butt, lol. and my cat boo hasent really got usedto him he ind of bats at his head but he's declawed and my cat poohjust ignores him.

Duncan will pee in the box usually but he poops EVERYWHERE!, lol. Itlike falls out of his butt when he runs around, lol. But he fits inwith our family since that all my family does is go to the bathroom(ifyou know what i mean, lol) and so do my cats. But im sure he will getthe point here soon.

That happened with one of mine,Jordan...when Igot him at a pet store he was a he. I took him for a check up soonafter I got him, they said 'no, it's a she' So Jordan was Jordyn for awhile. I took him to the vet (same one mind you) to get him 'spayed'They called me an hour after dropping him off and said they'd just gonein to remove a uterus and saw testicles inside there! LOL So I guessthe guy in the pet store knew what he was talking about, where as thevet had no clue...go figure...

Yeah it took 2 months for my Fuzzy Lop to figureout..shes always peed in it but poopied every where. My dwarf does thattoo he will hop and poopies will come out..maybe its the hopping motionmaking them fall out lol.

Yea. Well the girl in the pet store didnt know,so I had to try to figure it out myself. Then when I took "him" to myboyfriends house one of his friends who loves animals and was kind ofexperienced said that she thought it was a boy so we went from there,and the vet said that he thinks its a girl but he could be wrong and tocome back in about a month or two so then we will know. But Im actuallyhoping its a boy because I heard they are a bit better behaved andneutering is less expencive(im cheap,lol) But I guess I'l just have towait because this is my first bun and I have no idea how to figure itout, lol. But Im trying to learn.

My Dutch buns are so SWEET!! Very sweetand completely potty trained. My male was peeing on hisblankie at first. When he did soil his blanket, I would putit in the litter box and leave it there until the next day (when Icleaned the cage). Do you have the litter box in acorner?

Its very hard to tell the sex, since ive had babybuns ive studied up on them and now i can sex any rabbit. I got my maleneuterd for 150.00. I havent yet got my female spayed but the vetsestimate was 159.00. The reason it costs so much is the bloodwork thatbunnies need. In my experience all my females are easier to take careof than the boys.

Hello and WelcomeSara,

Duncan is an absolute Beauty! What a shock to find out thathe is a she. :shock: It happens a lot.

Made an avatar for you of your little babe. You don't have touse it, but I thought it'd be nice for you to have a choice.

Buck Jones, a member here, really loves Dutch rabbits and I have tosay, he's gotten me quite enamored over them as well. Theyvery sweet rabbits. I can see why they're so popular with somany.

-Carolyn

attachment.php

Awwwwwwwww she looks like oneof the Wrecking crew . ** runsto the garage for head count*** lol she is a doll

**Buck Jones, a member here, really loves Dutchrabbits and I have to say, he's gotten me quite enamored over them aswell. They very sweet rabbits**

ermmmmmmmmm Carolyn come meetLightning :shock: she justmight change your mind about how sweetthey can be LOL!!!!
Lightning the Flashlight Killer !!

Thanks Carloyn!:cool: I wanted to put his pic as my avatar but all mine were too big!

I do have a litter box in the corner but like I said it just falls outof his butt(lol). Im sure he will get the point sooner or later.

He is very sweet but love to hide and it scares me:shock:. But I always find him.:D

Since im new to buns I guess Ill have to wait till the vet can tell orsomeone else can tell me. I still kinda call her a him but o well, lol.

Sara and Duncan

Back