Vet Worries!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
I live in a Very small town and there is only one vet, I am worried about this because he isn't very good with small animals. He tends to be VERY rough and not understanding at all. Dustie is 5 months old, she hasnt been sick so far (knock on wood) shes been very energenic and happy. but we are starting to think about getting her spayed sometime soon. She hasnt shown any signs of maturing yet.(I think this is partly because Dustie was the runt of her litter) But I DO NOT want our vet to give him the surgery! Especially because Dustie is a girl and I realize spaying is much more difficult than neutering.What should I do?

Nope :( my "town" is surprisingly the biggest in the territory!
I almost feel temped to fly her to Edmonton, (alberta) and get
it done there.. but it would a ton of stress on her to fly...get and
operation...then fly back when she is still recovering...

that is an unfortunate thing when you you live in the country, could your vet maybe refer you to someplace else? is flying the only way to get your bunny to another town? no offense but anyplace called "territories" sounds like the middle of nowhere! and could be a problem!

Oh it is the middle of freakin nowhere! Yep flying is the only way.. :(
you CAN drive but that means a bumpy 2 day ride on a ice road..
ice roads are things we have that made out of completly
ICE.Very dangerous..(hence the tv show ice road truckers) Yeah i feel bad for dustie because during the summer
she is good, she has the yard to himself, quiet smmall neighborhood.
But during the winter he is basically inside until spring.. Also it can be
stressful to her because of the whole "land of the midnight
sun thing" (during the winter the temp is about -40 degrees C.
and pitch black all day all night.. :( and during the
summer the sun is out all day all night! it really upsets our sleep schedule)

Latest posts

Back