Vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well I took my 2 brats to the vet clinicyesterday so they could show me how to properly clip their nails andshow me the right teeth length. Well I got lucky and both have clearnails so that makes it easier! The boys' teeth are fine and now I'mconfident I can clip their nails.

Well we were there for nearly an hour because there was an emergencyand nail clipping is a walk in thing. I was surprised! Spice wascurious and not at all frightened, not even of the 3 legged cat thatlives at the clinic. Mocha was scared, he was huddling in my arms, thepoor guy!

Since we were there so long, I took Spice out to go pee in case heneeded to. He's never held going to the bathroom at all that long (notso much as a poop the whole hour!). I placed him on the ground andknelt down, he was scared by the traffic and didn't really move so Iwas trying to reassure him. He showed me the first sign of trusting methen, he placed his front paws on my lap and jumped up on my knee andin my arms just begging me to protect him and take him back inside! I'mstill so happy that he trusts me that much to do that.

And I just have to tell you all this, Spice was priceless, they vettech would go to pull his back foot out, and he'd yank it back andunder because he's seriously ticklish! lol. Mocha was pretty wellbehaved, I walked back with him in my arms and the vet tech says, "awe!What a cutie!" And I'm pleased to announce, he never bit anyone.

I love my boys! lol, I just thought I'd share.

Doesn't it amaze you how their personalities'change' when they go to the vet? I tell ya Laura, this just reinforcesmy belief that you definitely have the male version of Jezebel andJaden (Jezebel is the scaredy cat at the vet, yet at home she is theobnoxiously confident climb anything, do anything kinda gal whilstJaden is the opposite-now switch roles when they are taken to a vet...)

Twas a great story, glad you shared :)

xo

Cher, Jezebel and Jaden

Hi Laura!

Tucker and Fauna are peaches for the vet.

Fauna can get a little rambunctious, but she mellows right out when thedoctor comes in. The last visit Fauna had to the vet, thedoctor was checking her for arthritis, checking her range ofmotion. She just laid on her side like a little angel and letthe doctor do what she had to do. When Tucker went in, afterhis exam, he sprawled out in his cage.

I loved to hear that Mocha Mon jumped in your arms. As bigand bold as he is, he still Momma's baby boy, as is Spicers.It's proof that as long as their Mom's there, they can handle anything.

Glad to hear all wentwell.

I'm sure school and sports arekeeping you busy. Inotice that you're not around as much and I miss you, but was glad toseeyou posting. Your absence didn't go unnoticed.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
I'msure school and sports arekeeping you busy. Inotice that you're not around as much and I miss you, but was glad toseeyou posting. Your absence didn't go unnoticed.

-Carolyn
I'm kind of surprised you noticed, lol. But actually it hasn't beenschool keeping me away and I'm not involved in sports (I hate sports).It's been more of other things, for example yesterday was my sister andher husband's 2nd wedding anniversary and it was also the 2ndanniversary of Hercules' death, he was the pony I used to ride up untilhe died. I took a day off and only briefly came on to post. Around herethere has been an awful lot of stuff going on with college fairs andI've been going through things and deciding which I am going to attend.There has also been some other untimely and saddening events recentlyand I just haven't had the energy to do much more than briefly stop in.

Of course I noticed, Laura.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't smooth right now.

I hope theylighten up for yousoon. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Takeall the time you need.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back