Vet is 200 miles away

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfdogstwo

Reaction score
I live in northwestern Oklahoma and the closest vet is in Oklahoma city that will see to a rabbit. I live in a small town and there is other small towns in the area and all have vets but none of the see rabbits. They doctor cows,horses, sheep, goats,dogs,cat but no rabbits. Closest one is 4 hours away. That sure is stressful for my rabbit just to get a checkup. He has to ride in a carrier for at least 8 hours for the trip and getting a checkup on top of that. Well that's life and times in a cow town.

tell you the truth. i really don't think he would care. i have taken rabbits on car rides many time and they almost seem to enjoy it.

If it were me, I'd read up on rabbit nutrition/first aid and get rabbit savvy. Honestly, most of our rabbits have never seen a vet and some are 5 years old. You learn to talk to others who are knowledgeable, and do some reading. At that point your vet might be willing to do phone consults with you, to save you a trip. There are also a lot of meds you can get without a vet's prescription, and you can just confirm the correct med/dosage with him. Four hours is a long trip for you to have to go.

Back