Vet Check up Cost?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took Pebbles in because she was sneezing.

The Doctor gave her acomplete checkup, andprescribed some medicine. Sheexplained Pebblescondition, and saidthe medicine should work95% of the time. ThereforeI didn't need a cultureand sensitivity labtest, which saved me money.

Well the Doctor wasright. Pebbles wasbetter in threedays, completely recoveredin 10 daysas themedicine was finished.And no flare ups for thelast week.

Checkup$58.00
Medicine$12.90

Healthy Bunny ........ PRICELESS!

Rainbows! :D

ok so i totally pulled this out of the archives, but how cheap!!!
i've only taken Tony to the vet once, as a first check-up when i first got him. it was at a vet in chicagoland, and the checkup + blood work (because i wanted to see how he was as a baseline) was $125!!! i even forgot to bring in poo so they didn't do a fecal! i didn't know any better about the price, and the vet is a great one with buns, but still!! looking forward to non-chicagoland vet prices now! maybe even the vet school nearby would be a good choice.

I have one brief comment on this....ear infections are nothing to play with. It's a "pay now or pay a lot more later". In my opinion, it is not only less costly....but better for the rabbit (and that should be the focus) to get any tilt and possible ear infection dealt with as quickly as possible. And since I do work vestibular infections quite often, this is not a dog, cat or human baby.....with rabbits, simply using ear drops usually does not take care of the problem.With vestibular infections.....I use several drugs (including drops) that attack the problem bacteria from different angles. And it might not yet be an infection....could be a build up of wax or even mites. But it is always better to get these things looked at ASAP...for the cost factor and the rabbit's health. And rabbits will tilt due to dental concerns too.

Randy

Tonyshuman- move to Sheboygan!:biggrin2: Luna's total bill on Friday was $155. She was there all day so they could poke and prod her to their hearts content. That price covered complete blood testing, abdominal xray to check her intestines, pain killers, and a packet of Critical Care. We'll see how much the molar burring will cost, the vet nurse told me a regular rabbit patient usually paid around $50 each time.:shock:

I know this is all about cost, which is why I read this thread, but was wondering how often a bunny should visit the vet. My two are 5 yrs old, neutered, litter-trained (so they get plenty of exercise), eat lettuce in the a.m. and p.m., have plenty of hay and food pellets. I have never had a problem with sickness. However, they haven't been to the vet since their surgery. I feel like they ought to get a check up, but it can be costly, when I (think) they are healthy.
Thoughts?

I agree with Rue but I will say since I did get a notification about this thread that bunnies should probably see the vet yearly. After middle age, they should also probably get annual blood work done. Middle age depends on the breed, being 6 in some bunnies (dwarves, dutches, some mixes) and 3-4 in others (giants).

Latest posts

Back