Very Disturbing Petsmart Video

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the clip from the today show, with the poor bunny

[ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/22796930#22796930]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/22796930#22796930[/ame]

my friend jamie brought her dog max to banfield a few years back. about 2 years now, i believe. max was very sick and they were the closest emergency vets to her house. they took blood and said he was fine, just bring him home it will pass.

36 hours later, max died. a previously perfectly healthy little dog.

with that said, if anyone hears about a class action suit against these reckless "caregivers", please, shoot me a PM.

thanks!

tracy

I am SO picky about my vets. I never use Banefield.

I have different vets for all my animals...... and they are known for being the best. I'm not letting anyone I don't completely trust - touch my babies.

I'd love to neuter him too!

That poor little bunny - I kept thinking of my bo. :tears2:If someone did that to him I think I'd need an army to hold me back from hurting them.

i agree bo, i only go to the top notch vet for nemo. he is about 45 minutes away, but i'll sacrifice gas money to make sure nemo is getting the best care that is available to him.

tracy

I keep thinking of that little bunny leg kicking at his hand - and I think I'm going to have nightmares! - I'm already having Daymares! :cry1:

I think I'm going to go cuddle bo..... even if he doesn't want me to!

"Please do not buy anything from PetSmart until it stops selling all animals. Buy your supplies online or at a store that does not sell animals."

*nods* okay:biggrin2:

To Petsmart: :vomit:

Poor little animals:bigtears:

It's not uncommon for a rabbit to twitch a little under anesthesia- but it's utterly different from what's in that video. I was expecting the typical little "twitches"- not the full-on jerking that poor rabbit was feeling. Granted, he probably won't fully remember it- he is definitely somewhere in between Jupiter and Mars. But it isn't the way a rabbit should be knocked out.

And the fact that they're using Clorox on an open wound just......that will burn for days. That poor rabbit.

That's terrible.

:tears2:

I don't think I can watch that video- just reading what you guys have said about it makes me upset enough... (Plus just came back from seeing a really really sad film so don't want to cry anymore)

Poor little bunny, how could someone do that to another living thing? :tears2:Rabbits are so loving and gentle aswell, it's just pure evil...

Makes me so angry!

I just want to add a note of caution to this. Yes, the videos were very disturbing, and I don't doubt that that sort of thing happens, probably a lot more than we think.

BUT. PETA is notorious for exagerating and even plain out lying about any breeder, petstore, etc that they happen to take an interest in. Just because you see the video-doesn't always make it true. Also, one other thing to keep in mind, and I think it really says it all. If PETA acheived all it's goals, no one would be allowed to own any pets whatsoever! This means all your bunnies, your rats, cats, dogs, birds, etc, PETA wants them all to be "free". This is the group that breaks into labs and sets free the lab rats and rabbits "into the wild."

That being said, I will get off my :soapbox.

omg that bunny not being completly under brought me to tears.. It's so unbelievable how cruel people can be. I'll rent the van right now for all us to go beat the Sh*t out of the jacka** that did/does that.. I'll do the jail time for assault.

gentlegiants, you have a point.

but i do think many small animals are undercared for, seen as more "playthings" than living things.

The rabbit stuff must also be outdated since petsmart decided to stop selling rabbits, which is a good thing

gentle giants wrote:
I just want to add a note of caution to this. Yes, the videos were very disturbing, and I don't doubt that that sort of thing happens, probably a lot more than we think.

BUT. PETA is notorious for exagerating and even plain out lying about any breeder, petstore, etc that they happen to take an interest in. Just because you see the video-doesn't always make it true. Also, one other thing to keep in mind, and I think it really says it all. If PETA acheived all it's goals, no one would be allowed to own any pets whatsoever! This means all your bunnies, your rats, cats, dogs, birds, etc, PETA wants them all to be "free". This is the group that breaks into labs and sets free the lab rats and rabbits "into the wild."

That being said, I will get off my :soapbox.
^ That's why I could never agree with peta. I still remember the time they released all the minks from a mink farm...and what did the hungry meat eating animals do? They went around to all the other farms in the vicinity killing thousands of livestock, hurting farmers everywhere who had nothing to do with it. If you become an extremist in any issue, you do more harm than good.

Back