Vermont Show on May 23rd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I'm just wanted to get this show date out there and see if anyone else is going.

It's at the Vermont State Fairgrounds in Rutland.

I'll be there with Dutch and Holland Lops again, hopefully everyone will be in good shape, more so than the Rhinebeck show.

a bit off topic but I noticed your little thing says you are a registrar and I bought a little dutch junior buck with one leg towards a grand champion, should I go ahead and register him? I'll have him at the show, he's the nicest Dutch that I have. Anyway, sorry that was an off tangent,I had to remember who was the one with Registrar on their profile

Blaze_Amita wrote:
a bit off topic but I noticed your little thing says you are a registrar and I bought a little dutch junior buck with one leg towards a grand champion, should I go ahead and register him? I'll have him at the show, he's the nicest Dutch that I have. Anyway, sorry that was an off tangent,I had to remember who was the one with Registrar on their profile

Sure...the rabbit has to be six months old though.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Blaze_Amita wrote:

Sure...the rabbit has to be six months old though.

Sharon

I thought rabbits had to have the full 3 legs of their GC to be able to be registered?

Emily

Nope...Here are the simple rules:

1. Rabbit must be 6 months old or over.

2. Rabbit must meetthe Standard of their breed....no DQ's.

3. Owner must be an ARBA member and show their card to the registrar.

4. Rabbit must have a complete 3 generation pedigree. Also, all animals on the pedigree must be U.S. animals...no imports. All animals listed on the pedigree must have the variety listed and the weight of the animals.

thanks! now that we're off topic :) opps. I'm a bit on the odd side at times. I would love to see your hollands, maybe we can all meet up! i think all my boys are going, but the girls will be home this time round.

How did everyone do that was there?? I got confused, the two different Dutch judges confused me on two of my bucks. One DQ'ed my steel for long bottom teeth(Which I guess they were long but) but the other judge from show B said he was nice, and his teeth would need to be checked out by a vet soon and clipped, or give him something hard to chew on and he took Best opposite Variety.
Same basic thing happened with my blue buck, but fist show he took best opposite variety and the second one he was DQ'ed for only having one testicle, which he had not even five minutes before that. . . It was very confusing.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
How did everyone do that was there?? I got confused, the two different Dutch judges confused me on two of my bucks. One DQ'ed my steel for long bottom teeth(Which I guess they were long but) but the other judge from show B said he was nice, and his teeth would need to be checked out by a vet soon and clipped, or give him something hard to chew on and he took Best opposite Variety.
Same basic thing happened with my blue buck, but fist show he took best opposite variety and the second one he was DQ'ed for only having one testicle, which he had not even five minutes before that. . . It was very confusing.

Hi Blaze_Amita, I was the one that gave you the catalogs for the upcoming New England Dutch Rabbit Club shows.....anyways,

Regarding the teeth. The buck does not have long bottom teeth, it is simple maloclussion meaning that the top teeth actually meet the lower teeth. Wood may be able to fix it but in my honest opinion, I would not breed that rabbit.Unfortunately, it could be genetic.

The rabbit with the one testicle... some bucks are able to "suck" up a testicle. The judge did try to get him to drop it and unfortunately, he did not. He was probably just not happy that he had to be shown again.

It was great to see you there again, I remember you from Rhinebeck :)

Sharon

I did very well at the show. My little blue dutch doe won Best of Breed both shows. The jerseys didn't do too shabby either. Had a great time even though it was raining in the morning.

Sharon

Hi all!

We had a blast at this show! What a beautiful state VT is!!! It was worth the 5 1/2 hour drive just for the views we saw... But... We did do awesome too!

My daughter took BOS with her Holland in show A... She took BOV with her holland in show B...

Her English Lops took BOB & BOS in show A & B... Then took Best in Show for show B & Best Reserve in Show for show A!!!!

WOW!!! Still in shock over the BIS & BRIS wins!!

We got back around Midnight... I am so tired, now time to clean the cages.... LOL

LionheadLady wrote:
Hi all!

We had a blast at this show! What a beautiful state VT is!!! It was worth the 5 1/2 hour drive just for the views we saw... But... We did do awesome too!

My daughter took BOS with her Holland in show A... She took BOV with her holland in show B...

Her English Lops took BOB & BOS in show A & B... Then took Best in Show for show B & Best Reserve in Show for show A!!!!

WOW!!! Still in shock over the BIS & BRIS wins!!

We got back around Midnight... I am so tired, now time to clean the cages.... LOL

I was writing for English Lops in show B and got to see them. They are some of the nicest English Lops I have seen in a long time around here. Make sure she is going to breed them. We really need some good stock around.

It was nice to see you guys yesterday. Are you coming to the spencer show next sunday?

Sharon

Hi there!

I think were giving them a rest next weekend! Were going to go to Mohawk on the 6th... Will you be there?

She did great in the open specialty with her elops too! I was so happy for her... she was in shock the whole ride home from the wins... Since you wrote for them you heard the comments the judge made.... They are super nice elops! The blue buck who took BOS has won 2 BRIS.. the doe who won BOB has won 2 BIS... the buck who came in 2nd has a BRIS & has the most BOB wins of any of her elops... her b4roken buck just hit Sr so he is still in he awkward stage... but once he matures he will be awesome too =)

We love seeing you at the shows! What others will you be doing?

Colleen =)

Well, I can't say as I'll make one of the shows that you gave the the information to, but the one in June we're aiming at, gives me time to get Sam and Eddy into coat condition(Eddy's my frosted blue mini rex buck, Sam's coming out of coat right now, my blue dutch buck)

Blaze_Amita wrote:
Well, I can't say as I'll make one of the shows that you gave the the information to, but the one in June we're aiming at, gives me time to get Sam and Eddy into coat condition(Eddy's my frosted blue mini rex buck, Sam's coming out of coat right now, my blue dutch buck)
Sounds good. There is also a double show on Sunday in Sturbridge, MA. If you want, I can give you names of a few hotels in the area. Just think, 5 showings in one weekend!

Sharon

Latest posts

Back