Velma Pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamawesum69420

Reaction score
Well I finally got these pics uploaded to my computer so I thought I would show off my new bun. :bunnydance:

This is Velma on the first day in her new home.
Picture081.jpg

This is Velma as a DJ.
Picture084.jpg

And this is Velma in her favorite position in my favorite chair.
Picture110.jpg

These are all the pics I have for now. I'll be sure and get some more up as soon as I can.:jumpforjoy:

Oh WOW....a chestnut lionhead...how neat.

I love the name Velma - how did you come up with it?

Also - if you don't mind me asking - did you get her from a breeder, a pet store, petfinder, etc? I'm asking because I know of many lionhead breeders in Ohio...so I was just curious!

Peg

Hmmm....Velma is an awfully good looking lionhead. Very good looking.... yes please tell us -- breeder or pet store? I want 20 just like her!:ponder:
Spitfire:)

I got her name from the movie Chicago. It's one of my favorite movies and I already have a boxer/lab named after a character (Roxie). So now I have a Roxie and a Velma. I'm hoping they get along better than the two characters in the movie. lol They're going to have their first meeting this weekend. Roxie has to be kept at my parents' house since I live in an apartment and can't keep her there. Oh look at me rambling. :tongue

Ok on to the next question. I got Velma at a pet store. I didn't even know about the breed of lionhead until I saw her. My boyfriend and I have really been wanting an additional to our little family so to speak and were wanting a pet that didn't require our presence a lot during the day as we are both students. Anyway I saw her in the pet store and loved her immediately. I was holding her and two of the managers came over and starting telling me about what breed she is and what not. My boyfriend talked me out of getting her that day but I moped around so much that we went back the next day and brought her home with lots of bunny accessories. :bunny18

Sorry. I'm a bit long winded. lol

Wow. I like her. The pet stores in my area will have lionheads too but they aren't usually as attractive as Velma. Good job:) She looks like a sweatheart.
Spitfire

Oh she is. She's gotten into the habit of following me around and it's so cute although it can sometimes be a nuisance if I don't notice she's there because I'm always afraid that I'm going to accidentally kick her or step on her or something.

I know what you mean! Willow is all over me...she's constantly under my feet, I like, fall over myself trying to avoid stepping on her! She's all up in my business too when I try to clean her cage..it's understandable though! hehe, mommm...what are you doing to my caaagge??? :D

Velma is adorable and I love her colorings!

-Vanessa

I'm not sure how long her ears are - but have you considered showing her? I can't see her body type real well in the photo - but if you do decide you'd like to show her- I think she might do fairly well.

I'm really shocked that a rabbit that nice was in a pet store. Don't take me wrong - but many breeders sell their "culls" (that they don't want to breed or show) to the pet stores. But with her mane and her face- I think she's so cute.

Anyway - I ramble far far too much!

Peg

I guess I never really did think about showing her. I wouldn't even really know where to start. I have thought about breeding her though but I don't really have the time or the place right now to do anything like that.

New Velma Pics! :bunny18

This is Velma hopping around on our clothes I was trying to hang up.
IM000808.jpg

Velma on her purple tunnel thing.
IM000809.jpg

Velma's new couch. It's actually in better shape than our couch. lol
IM000812.jpg

Velma stretching out.
IM000817.jpg

Velma meet Roxie (my boxer/lab puppy that stays at my parents' house).
IM000825.jpg

Velma also meets Molly.
IM000820.jpg

Velma from Roxie's POV lol
IM000833.jpg

Velma bust a move lol.
IM000828.jpg

Velma in her favorite sleeping spot, her litter box.
IM000838.jpg

Awwwww soo cute! I thik she is one of the cutest lionheads I have seen.

Latest posts

Back