Velma is now Mufasa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quyntarious

Reaction score
When Amanda brought our bun back from the vet,she told me that she had news. Velma, our beloved baby girlwas actually a boy! We just had him fixed, but it was still ashocker to find out that a bunny we had been calling girl for so longturned out to be a male. I am not trusting the opinion ofanyone in that pet store ever again. I am not mad, justshocked at this new discovery.

That's one of the reasons why I learned how tosex rabbits when I first got into having them. Product knowledge isn'texactly a strong suit among retail employees unfortunately and readingup on our furry friends is essential.

Blyre

Ryan made a little typo. His name isactually now Mufasa, like in the Lion King, which is what I wanted toname him in the first place, until I was led to believe he was a girl.

Blyre wrote:
Product knowledge isn't exactly a strong suit among retailemployees unfortunately and reading up on our furry friends isessential.
:yeahthat I think it's especially bad with pet stores, ormaybe it's just that the info people need is more critical.Can you imagine if you had bought a second bun at the same time thatactually was a girl? You'd be swimming in babies by now.

Gender fairy strikes again!

Oh, and welcome Mufasa!:D:wave2

When I first acquired my rabbits, the local pet store mouth-breathers told me that high-calcium cavy food was OK for them.

There, I fixed the title for you :DIlove the name! I thought about calling Mr. Tumnus that. I love the nameNala for a girl lionhead as well.

Well this explains some of his actions andpersonality. Mufasa doesn't warm up to men very well he hasalways warmed up to girls very well. And that random spurt ofthumping and freaking out. I guess we must have had either afemale or male bunny smell, and he was getting teritorial orexcited. I am still adjusting to saying he and I still haveto stop myself from saying she.

The thing that annoys me about this missexing is the fact that thegeneral manager was the one who sexed our bun in the firstplace. She supposedly has two rabbits of her own.This is very irritating indeed.

This has happened to a lot of us!,it's just all to common lol

When i bought Pippi they said it was a girl,because i wanted agirl..and lo and behold months later i was presented with 5 littleunexpectedbabies..that i kept :)

boy did i marchPippi of to the vet quick smart lol

Like naturestee said..you were lucky that you just had the one bunny atthe time,otherwise you could have had unexpected little ones as well

Hehe i know how shocked you must be feeling,cause i was pretty shocked to find out Pippi was actually a boy all along

cheryl

Latest posts

Back