Veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachy1412

Reaction score
I've always believed and always told people thatrabbits MUST have veggies, at least 2cups a day. But now I amwondering.. I have two outdoor rabbits who spend about 8-12hoursoutside eating grass. I used to give them 2 cups of vege a day but theydidn't eat their breakfast so I cut out breakfast and just gave them1cup a day. But everyday I go in the cage and the veggies are leftuntouched. They always eat their pellets but I've never seen them eathay. Their teeth are fine and the vet saw them only a few weeks ago.Should I just cut out the veggies altogether? It is a terrible waste offood, it doesn't come cheap!

Also at the moment I am using Supa Rabbit Excel pellets, I found oxbowpellets online should I switch to them? If so what ones do I go for. Myrabbits are 2years old and 1year 10months.

Thanks! x

Hi,

That's really strange that they don't eat veggies. Mine all scarf them up!

If you get Oxbow pellets, make sure it's the Timothy-based formula (ithas a "T" on the package). I use them and LOVE theresults.

The alfalfa pellets would be too rich for adult rabbits.

Laura

If they're eating grass all day then they may betoo full to eat veggies. Pellets should have completenutrition, so a diet of grass, hay, and limited pellets would be justfine.

I love Oxbow timothy pellets! But I know they can get reallyexpensive overseas. I've heard Science Selective is a reallygood UK brand that is somewhat similar.

Back