Vegetarian/Vegan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to be a vegetarian, mostly because I strongly disagree with slaughter methods and how the animals are cruelly raised.

It didnt last too long as I didnt like quorn and I lost a bit of weight, and im slim build so weight loss is noticeable.

Sonow I just wont eat pork, mutton, beef etc.

I'll eat chicken though and only very occasionally have bacon from mylocal butcher, who raises the animals himself out in fields so I knowthey at least have a life before death.

I've been finding lately though that my appetite goes when im trying toeat chicken.. whenever I come across a vein or something.. so might trythe veggie thing again soon :shock:

Examine the reasons that you are not eatinganimals products..is it really for the animals and environment? or isit something that makes one feel"better or superior" than onewho is eating meat... or is it for multiple reasons including helpinganimals.
I have met alltypes of people.

If one does it part of the timethey are still providing lessmoney to the meat industry and THAT IS DOING A LOT. If everyone cutback a little it would decrease profits by large corporationsdrastically.
It doesn't have to be all or nothing

Better to eat meat occasionally and soy products most of the time thanto give up because you can't do it perfectly and can't call yourself aspecific name.

A name is only something we call ourselves..

Animals can still be helped by cutting back on meat products ...even if it isn't done "perfectly"

Good word, angieluv.

Echo, I suggest really reading up on vegetarianism/veganism, includingthe critics, and if you decide to give up meat and other animalproducts then you'll have the strength of conviction on your side. ButI'd say, don't do it until you feel completely ready. You'll have amuch better chance of sticking with it if you have a solid plan.

I've been Vegan for almost a year ^-^ feels great.

(I never knew cows were raped o_O)

:)colors:) There's something called 'morning star', they make veganfood and it's pretty good. Another vegan producer even makes Vegan ribsand corndogs. (Sorry if i ramble)

I hardly ever eat meat, but I do drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of cheese.

I live off of Morning Star foods and other "fake meat" foods. I LOOOVEspicey black bean burgers.....no meat and even better tasting than meat!

Occasionally I will eat a ham sub at work if I am starving. That is about once or twice a week.

That's the only time I eat any meat.

:)

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae) :hearts

I also live off Morningstar , drink soy milk butdo eat products made from eggs and milk like desserts which I won'tgive up....but very very infrequently I eat a hot dog. I alsoeat fish but only when I eat out if their is not much else to order

I also buy a lot of cruelty free products..but not entirely

So I do some but not perfectly and thats OK :D

I've been a vegetarian for 13 years. I don't eatany meat but I still eat dairy. It's so hard to cut it out completely.My husband is a meat eater so we spend a lot of money on groceries. Idon't buy any products that have been tested on animals and I push myhusband to do the same but unfortunately he never seems to check whenhe buys things (cleaners etc).

I grew up eating meat but now when I look at hamburger or anything allI see is animal flesh not food. I don't miss it. I feel that I'm doingmy part as small as it may be. I just don't agree with the conditionsin which the poor animals are kept. I want to cry when I think aboutthe suffering they must endure.

Hi m.e., I am still often reading up about it asI do want to be a vegetarian someday, I just need to figure out firstnew foods that I like and increase my dietary likes basically, so thatI wont lose so much weight when I try again, especially since my campusdoesnt serve ANY veg food. You can just about get a side plate of salad.

My reasons for wanting to stop meat eating is really because when I seea slab of meat I dont see a slab of meat, I see the animal wasthatcruelly raised and slaughtered, and it makes me angry howthy are treated.I'm really against all forms of animalcruelty, regardless of if it is 'to feed the nation' or just for fun.Grain cropscan feed a lot more people than a field of cowsanyways since the cows eat so much.
It makes me mad to hear people talk of food animals as just here tofeed us, like they talk about horses as just here to serve us.

I'm hoping to get into animal conservation when im older, whenI get my zoology degree i'll be a step closer.

It took a lot for me to have to go back eating chicken, but I needed to just get my weight up before trying to do it properly.
I still hate the fact I eat it, but hoping someday soon I caneventually that that out too, like I did basically every other meat.

I dont think ive had any meatbut chicken meat since december.. gonna keep that up till I cut that out too.

I got a dig from my mum yesterday when I came in and saw them alleating and was like 'where is my dinner?' And she said 'oh but you wonteat steak remember?' :?

I've offended more than 1 relative by declining their meals and getstrange looks since both sides of my family have some farming roots,and animalsto the older relatives especially can be good petsbut mainly food etc.
Even if their dogs or whatever get ill the attitude is still mostly ohwell its just a dog, and ive really had to push many of them to bringtheir dogs to the vet.
Me and one my my aunts are the opposite and complete nuts about animals and our pets.
My granny was born into a small world where if the dog had puppies, thecat had kittens it was perfectly fine to drown them in a bucket as theywere unwanted, since a vet was unheard of, at least for smaller animals.
As a child she was forced to kill chickens and turkeys and i'm reallyglad she's grown up with the world and now loves animals to bits, andis letting me bring her old dog to the vet this week for a checkup,while I know similar relatives wouldnt spare the money.

Anways, i'm still trying to findavailable meat alternatives like quorn before I make the move.
Took me ages just to find a shop that stocked quorn.

It would be so much easier to switch if there was replacement products.
That is maily how I lost the weight, since I cut out my main diet and could find very little to substitute in.

Latest posts

Back