Vacation Seperation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nes

Reaction score
Lacy & Cagney do seem to be pregant and we're about to go away for the weekend (unavoidable, baby shower) so we're going to seperate Abigale - I'm worried about her moms hurting her once the new babies arrive & it's VERY likely that will be this weekend (Lacy is not large enough, but she was underweight when she got pregnant (see introduction) and I found some of her chest hair when I was cleaning today).

Is there anything we can do to make this easier on abby?

She's going to be locked in the dog-pen and we were going to keep the moms in the bedroom, would putting abi's new temporary cage next to her moms be enough companionship?

I would LOVE to bring abi on our trip but we don't have a mobile cage for her & I don't think the BF's parents would be that happy about the idea :D

I don't know if abi will go back with her moms after this weekend - more likely we are just going to keep her seperate and get her a spayed female friend (plans are to have abi spayed anyway)

Nes.

We didn't leave until LATE saturday night (8ish) and we'll be back late tonight (around 12pm), so they we we're gone as long as I thought we might be *phew*. I gave them LOTS of extra food & water so I'm sure they are fine, I wouldn't mind finding a cheap bunny sitter in our area - but since the gals are pregnant I was worried about moving them to a new place would be more stressful then a couple nights alone.

We did end up putting abi's cage facing the moms - she tried to dig thru it at first :( but the moms seem alot happier with her out of there :?. I think the hormones/no-hormones were causing more problems then I realised so we'll be building abi a seperate cage soon.

Nes.

Hi Nes, when my husband & I go away (which isn't too darn often) we get a dog walker to come over to feed and check the babies out.

I put their food in the vegtable baggies, I write every thing down for each bunny. I give her permssion if she feels they are not well to take them to the vet. She always comes over first to see them and how they are so she would know if they are not feeling well.

My girlfiend actually found her at one of the vets in the area.

Soooska:apollo::bunny19:dutch:rabbithop

I would feel much better even if we had a kid in our building that could to it - unfortunately we live in a very bad area & I don't feel comfortable allowing anyone acess to my apartment. Also the building managers wouldn't be ok with allowing non-residence into the building without our supervision. If it was for our dog we could probably get away with it (because she has one too) but we're not even supposed to have the bunnies :whistling.

I'd get one of the bf's friends to do it (just moved out here, don't know alot of people) but I think they'd do more harm then good :D.

So we're stuck between a rock & a hard-place when it comes to vacations:? They've been left for weekends before though & they're always fine. I'm confident even if they have their kits they can do it all on their own :).

(I'm also trying to cover up how nervous I get about my pets on the way home ;))

Nes.

They're all A-OK :) Made a huge mess & actually still had water left over (which is great, that's really want I was worried about). So they're all chillin' in the exersize pen while I clean up.

Lacy got HUGE while we were gone so it looks like the kits are getting closer - if anything cagney actually looks a little smaller so we're holding out hope for a false pregnance, but she probably just looks smaller now compaired to the large lacy :).

Abi's happy to be back playing with her mom(s) but I don't know what we're going to do with her until we make her a cage of her own - she may just be staying in the exersize pen :)

Nes.

Latest posts

Back