UVIC rabbit rescue operation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my pictures are on my RO blog I think. I`ll be having more of the kits growing up!
They are getting bigger!

I guess that means I should call Doctor Martinez and get Darcy checked for worms too!
Would her babies have it if she did?

Tina

Oh yes the kits would =[
Even if they didn't have any when they were born, they have them now because of Darcy's droppings.
Today is day #2 of Sidney's deworming =O
And then he can finally be pudgy :bunnyheart

Hey April,
Aaryn said your clinic can check for worms at no charge since they're rescues? I really hope she doesn't :(
She has left a couple of droppings in the nest box but on the other side of it. Would the kits even be able to get it through her milk?

Tina :headflick:

Erm.. sorta.
*I* can do them at no charge because I work there, and if I set it up, it's free.
My clinic will charge you otherwise. They don't do any discounted rescue work.

I'm not sure about the milk but I'm guessing it can happen! Because it happens with pregnant dogs, so it must happen with pregnant rabbits?

Hm, yeah I must have left that part out in my explanation.

Oops. Oh well, the gist of it was at least pretty well explained. =P

Okk so...!
When we return to UVic, we all should bring Revolution. I can't from work because I bought all the pink boxes for my little guys. Revolution is also great against ticks, fleas, mites, and of course, worms. So everyone who currently are housing Uvic "ferals" should revolution their house bunnies as a precaution.

So far we have three confirmed people for Aug. 17: 4cm, Pipp, and myself. Let's work on bringing atleast two more people.

These are all my first day shots.

DSC01529.jpg

Katie, Christina, Aaryn, April

DSC01552.jpg

This is the only shot I got of the black girl, this is the only time she stuck her head out of the box, at least while my batteries were charged. She'd move the whole box across the pen and place it over the carrot tops and munch away and then move it back. I started calling her Einstein.

DSC01551.jpg

This guy liked it better on top of his box.

DSC01568.jpg

When I let him out, he managed to climb up my wall unit pretty quick to get at a little dish of pellets, no idea how he got up there or how he even knew the pellets were there. I figured I'd have to call him Einstein too.

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

The little broken leg guy. (Thinking of calling him Neil after the guy who pointed him out to us).

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

Compare the size with Mikel!

I can do a yard sale Saturday next weekend. Can we make it a bake sale too?

I'll have to get some revolution then, for Domino and my cats.

April, can you PM me the clinic you work at? Not for the discount don't worry. I'd just want to drop off Darcy's poop sample.

Tina

I'm hoping as well to make it a yard and bake sale combination on some upcoming weekend.

My internet acquaintance donated two boxes of black NIC cubes from Canadian Tire and a 10lb bag of Oxbow BBT! She's also interested in providing some baked goodies for the bake sale on a weekend since she lives near the West End.

She's got some rabbits herself and is fostering a few from SARS but she's got a soft spot for the UVic rabbits as her first rabbit was a UVic bunny as well.

I left the donations at Sorelle's. I figured she'd definitely appreciate the black NIC cubes and could probably use those pellets given the way her UVic rabbits are so ridiculously food driven. Ahaha.... "Starlight" is hilarious!

They've all got amazing personalities and are settling in very well.

Just in case you were wondering what Harley's been up to...

The (Mis)adventures of Harley Ruby Quinn!
She's currently living in my bathroom and consistently loves wandering out into my storage room to clean all the hay that's been scattered around from when I pull it out of my storage bin. Fine by me, it certainly beats vacuuming!

Also, I found that she preferred the local hay that I got a few weeks ago over the timothy. Perhaps we ought to try feeding that to the UVic rabbits and see if they like it better. It is a bit richer but I don't think that's much of a concern seeing as they haven't exactly been getting the best diet in recent times.

She somehow managed to squeeze herself between the refrigerator and the wall and turn around. It took me 20 minutes of frantically looking for her to notice that the broom stashed in this very place was sticking out.

This is what I woke up to on the very first morning she spent outside of UVic. Unhappy, I think not!

Diving into her haybox. Unfortunately later on when I moved her into the bathroom she thought the haybox was her litterbox so she peed in it so it had to go in the garbage.

More pictures here.

Tee hee hee soooo cute! Ma Harley Quinn =P
I'll bring over some goodies for the bake sale!

It was two Sundays ago today we saved Sidney. And last Sunday we rescued all those buns!

I'm actually pretty excited to be returning. Our "rescue" has really made a difference =]

I'm hoping to bring Evie home tonight. She'll be quarantined for good reasons!

Tonight is Sidney's final dose of deworming. And revolutioning 10 rabbits + 3 guinea pigs was quite a work out!

Yes that's right!
I need to get some revolution!
Grr I keep forgetting.

Anyway, it's day 6 since Darcy's kits have been born.
They are looking less like naked rats, and more like rabbits!

39903_417203131990_505591990_5230948_7267722_n.jpg

And here is a close up of the kits.
I know it only looks like there are 2 of them but little one is being cuddled on the bottom.

39903_417203126990_505591990_5230947_376684_n.jpg

YAY BUNNEHS!

Tina :bunnybutt:

SO CUTE! The first pic of Darcy and the babies is adorable =]

I bought Evie home tonight. Sidney ran up to her and they sat nose to nose. It'll be no problem bonding the two. I know I'm seriously falling behind on some pictures!

Oh no! Darcy has tapeworms! I wonder if revolution will get rid of it on my cats? They've been in her room. I better get something for Domino too in case he's got it. Even though they're kept separate, I might have transferred it to him! :(

Not a good day.

I'm not sure that tapeworms are transferable that way. They can't be transfered to humans, doubt other animals can get them, either. Unless maybe they eat the rabbit. :yuck

Need to know if Droncit can be given in conjunction with Panacur. I've asked around, no answers yet.

s

Droncit might work.. but don't do drontal.

Tapeworm is transferable but only if you lick your hands after handling rabbit poop or something haha.

Hmmm and I don't think Evie is preggers. She could have had swollen lymph nodes and I felt that. Her stomach is smaller and her nipples feel normal. I'm going to wait one more week and possibly have her x-rayed.

I haven't heard from Dr. Martinez, not sure if Neil should have his leg surgery before or after worming.

I'd rather ONLY do a hay run tomorrow and not drop bunnies off, but if it's wiser to either drop Neil off tomorrow for surgery on Wednesday or take in all three for deworming tomorrow.

I neither have Droncit or Panacur here and I forgot to ask my roommate to check into getting some from her clinic and for what price if she can. She's had a couple days off, back working tomorrow. Would have been nice to know in advance, but oh well.

I'm hoping to get on the road for the hay run by 11 AM, but would be nice to know we're we're going. If Martinez, then it's the Granville Bridge, but if its just hay, it's the Cambie.

So Aaryn, be prepared to move our pick up spot up a block if we have to go to Martinez first.

(BTW... Would it help to take Harley into Martinez or do you have a treatment plan with April?)

s

Latest posts

Back