uterine cancer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizabeth332

Reaction score
When it comes to pet rabbit issues, you guys are the ones to ask!

Ok, so what does uterine cancer look/feel like, how can youtell? I have one rabbit (that isn't a baby or jr) in my barnthat has never been bred, and none of mine are neutered...It's a castorMR doe...we were going to breed her but by the time we decided to do itshe was too old..she was our first rabbit...but i am not reallyattached to her...

ok, well she's like 4 years old. she has this growth on herjaw. its not an abcess, its hard. it feels like an extentionof the jawbone backwards. i know its not but that's just whatit feels like. you can't see it, just feel it. itis growing i think but slowly.

And the other day when i turned her over to trim toenails, i noticed alarge lump or mass on one side of that triangle with the "parts" init...(i'm not talking right tonight, you know what i mean) above hertail... It looks at first almost like a testicle (tho itsunder the skin) I'm just thinking....uterinecancer?

first of alluterian cancer wouldnt be seen from the outside, its an inside cancer , where exactly isit located outside or inside ,if its on the skin it could bea type of skin cancer , Myfirst suggestion is get her Vettedand see whats going on. then we can go from there,and maybe we can have bettersuggestions , in the mean time , keep hercomfortable .

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
Hi Lizabeth,

I agree with Gypsy about getting the vet to testher. Does with this type of cancer usually have weight loss,are lethargic, can have difficulty breathing, has swollen mammaryglands.

Prayers that it's not.

-Carolyn

[/font]

Carolyn wrote:
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
Hi Lizabeth,

I agree with Gypsy about getting the vet to testher. Does with this type of cancer usually have weight loss,are lethargic, can have difficulty breathing, has swollen mammaryglands.

Prayers that it's not.

-Carolyn

[/font]

Ditto that, but also add that they often have a bloody discharge, which ranges from slight to hemorrhage.

The lumps you describe sound like something in the lymphatic system, atleast the ones near the tail. Hard lumps on the head can go with that,but I'm not sure why.

Hope she's ok. This brings back awful memories for me too.

Rose

thanks, all, for the well wishes and prayers and advice! i guess i'll have to take her to the vet.

:)Liz

Latest posts

Back