Usual or unusual Nethie behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatrixpoppy

Reaction score
I have had Oliver my Netherland Dwarf for a week now and I don't know if he's just shy or if there's something I need to check out at the vet, but he's very reclusive in comparison to Poppy who will literally bound over to see me everytime I come into the room. Is it just the difference in personality between the breeds? (Poppy is a lion lop)

He is eating fine, his eyes are clear theres no unusual sounds from him his coat seems fine, general condition is good and he is pooping no problem with not too many soft poos.

Just wondered if any other nethie owners out there have experienced this kind of behaviour with their nethies. He sits in his hay try all the time, never hops over to see me and generally is quite shy. I am taking them both in to get their vaccines in a couple weeks and discuss when Oliver can be neutered so I will probably ask the vet to have a little look over him then anyway I was just wondering if it sounds alarming enough to warrant a vet visit earlier?

Rabbits can have varying personalities regardless of the breed. Even siblings can be quite different. It sounds like very typical rabbit behavior to me, especially as you've had him only a week. Don't worry about it.

EXCEPT that you mentioned soft poop. Is he young & eating only pellets & hay or is he old enough to eat veggies? If so, have you introduced a veggie to him that he's not digesting well?

he's on the dry food i got from the breeder for him to help him settle in, its not pellets. he gets plenty hay and no veggies just yet. Should I not be seeing any soft poo? I only find the occasional 1 or 2 the rest of his poo is hard round pellets

I agree with Orlena, nothing sounds out of sorts at all. Could be how he'll always be or just getting used to his new home.

Latest posts

Back