Using Two Xpens?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot

& Carole
Reaction score
Does anyone use two Xpens for their buns? Elliot is not crazy about coming out of his cage in it's current location, into the Xpen. His favorite place is my office, where his cage was originally. Unfortunately there is not room in here any longer for it, and it is not safe to let him have free run.Too many cords and cables. Daddy was not happy when he chewed through one, not to mention that's just not safe. Presently I take him in my bedroom and shut the door, making sure everything there is unplugged or hung up high. But how boring for him to be in there by himself! So, I was just thinking that if I set up his Xpen in the middle of my office in the daytime, he can come and hang out in here while I work and be with me. And get more attention. One seems like it isn't really a lot of room,but two would make it around the whole room. Does anyone do this, and can they safely stand together if I use something to attach them to each other?:rabbithop

I've hooked two together before. I just use spare snaps to hook them together. I finally got tired of the Xpens and put stuff in front of all the baseboards (Max's favorite chew toy!). lol

I use the 2Wx3Lx5H NIC condo in one corner + two 16' long/48'' high x-pens + 5 grids' worth of 3-grid-high NIC fencing and have my ENTIRE living room other than the sofa (that's by the back wall) fenced in. I just hooked everything together with zipties. despite the height (and weight) of the x-pens and the fact that two of the panels have doors in them that I open and close routinely, the whole thing is incredibly sturdy. it's only when you get to having 3-4 pens connected into one big freestanding pen on a grass lawn that zipties start to not be enough, lol.

We have two hooked together for Ripley, but took some of the panels out due to space issues.

I have never done it myself but have herd it work. In my bedroom at my parents I have 1 xpen that I have running the length of my room setup so that the room is devided in 2 for the bunnies. It is not attached to anything and it still stays upright. If it looks like it is wobbly I bend the fence a little and that provides all the stability it needs.

Latest posts

Back