Using her front feet while eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaBun

Sponsor
Reaction score
Nanning, China and Mountain Home, Arkansas
Yesterday, for the first time, I noticed that myrabbit was using her front foot to help her eat. I had wondered in thepast why she didn't use her feet to steady her food, to keep it fromslipping away. But twice yesterday I saw her doing so. She put her leftfoot down on some cabbage that was trying to roll away. Both times itwas her left foot, so maybe she's a lefty!

Does your bunny do this? Or does she do what mine usually does, thatis, to follow the food with her head and neck. I was so surprised whenshe used her foot! I haven't seen it again today, though.

Nancy

I don't think mine do that, but Baby digs at herpellet bowl rapidly with her front feet. She always acts likeshe's starving and she digs at it as if she's trying to move thebowl. I have lock crocks, so they don't move.

Laura

I've never seen mine do that.Sometimes they will put their feet on the top of the hay hopper, butI've never seen them hold their food down. Smart bun you have!

Otis does the same thing. He always putseither one or both feet on or in his bowl, hay rack and even the waterbottle. I thought he did it because he is blind in one eye and it helpshim keep track of his food and water.

:dunno:

So no, your girl isn't the only one.

Tina

Loki and Tyr will do that with their salad bowlsometimes. It's quite humourous to watch them pull it back and forthbetween themselves. :D

Latest posts

Back