Using chair as litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Well, my little bunny is rebelling.
Ms. Q has always been perfect with her litterbox. The day we got her, we put her in it and she hasn't had any intentional poops outside it since. That was two years ago.
A few days ago, I noticed a few poops on my (her) chair, where she sleeps at night and has claimed during the day. I brushed them off and attributed it to the fact that her litter box was dirty. That afternoon, she pooped on the floor, in a nice neat pile. Litterbox was still dirty, so I decided it was my fault (and took a hint).
Widdle bunny has a nice clean litterbox. I got up this morning and sat on my chair without looking first. Next time I got up, I noticed the pile of squished poops I'd sat on (although presumably they weren't squished before I sat on them...).

Why is my little monster doing this all the sudden??? She's usually the perfect little angel, but the poopfest is weird!

Any changes around the house? Buns use their poops to mark their territory so maybe she thinks someone is infringing upon her chair. (Maybe you should stop sitting on her throne).

Well, my little bunny is rebelling.
Ms. Q has always been perfect with her litterbox. The day we got her, we put her in it and she hasn't had any intentional poops outside it since. That was two years ago.
A few days ago, I noticed a few poops on my (her) chair, where she sleeps at night and has claimed during the day. I brushed them off and attributed it to the fact that her litter box was dirty. That afternoon, she pooped on the floor, in a nice neat pile. Litterbox was still dirty, so I decided it was my fault (and took a hint).
Widdle bunny has a nice clean litterbox. I got up this morning and sat on my chair without looking first. Next time I got up, I noticed the pile of squished poops I'd sat on (although presumably they weren't squished before I sat on them...).

Why is my little monster doing this all the sudden??? She's usually the perfect little angel, but the poopfest is weird!
--distance up is important,-because the traverse--of getting down could result in injury-(little leg bones are fragile)--as far as poops in the chair-plastic cover under cloth should work--but lets consider the any improvements that could be made with the level on the floor poop box (boxes)-these little guys always seem to require a guiding hand--if not already using try using grasses ie.timothy,orchard,,(absolutely-no- scented cedar,pine,or clay kitty liter.)--perhaps a second poop box with paper shreds,--let us know if this works ---maybe she enjoys television--I heard there is a tv station for dogs,try the animal planet channel,---sincerely james waller--;):wink:carrot:inlove::bunnybutt:

Haha Christina! The changes to her room were over a month ago. Would have been weird if it took at least 3 weeks to start poop marking because we got her a new waterer and hay feeder....

But yea, she's probably telling me to go find a job so that I don't sit in her chair all day....

Back