Using Bleach to Clean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to put this so please excuse me if it's not in the right section...

I kinda have a hard time with the condos as the buns no longer think litter habits are necessart. The urine stains the tiles badly and all... Usually I will spend an hour or so scraping with a sharp plaster tool thingy :pand vinegar etc. However, due to my asthma, this task is absolutely horrible and makes me very sick, even if I wear a mask. Finally, due to my ............. cat peeing on our brand new futon :grumpy:, I had bleach lying around and I decided to try it. :shock:Why didn't I think of it before??? It's GREAT!!!

But...

What are the dangers? If it is thoroughly rinsed and wipe, can it still be dangerous? I thought I would react to the bleach but so far so good. I am a little wheezy but not nearly as much as when I scrape. So any thoughts? Thanks!

I agree, as long as the bleach is thoroughly rinsed off, it should be fine.

While vinegar is a much more natural way to clean, there's absolutely no sense in making yourself sick by cleaning up after your buns. Hope your bunny buns relearn the litter habits!:bunnydance:

COOL! I'm so glad. Now the only problem is that it says not to mix with ammonia :?That might be a problem? But maybe if it's just small quantities it doesn't do anything... It's not like I am mixing two different cleaners...

I am such a nooooob :p

I know the feeling, what I use is a tiny bit of toilet bowl cleaner on the urine spots when I clean out his litter box or if he goes in the cage. It automaticly eats the hard pee spot. Then I rinse rinse and rinse and rinse. Then I set it outside to air dry. I found that to work better then viniger.I even do a smell test when I am done.:p

Latest posts

Back