Using a Roomba

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addy

Reaction score
I have a free roam bunny. It takes time to clean up after her mess via a manual vacuum. Is using a roomba with a timer that goes off daily safe for the bunny? If so, any recommendations of specific models?

I also have rugs for my bunny's living space because I do not live in carpeted floor. She doesn't like to walk on wooden floor that much. I am not sure how the roomba will take mats/rugs?

I sometimes put bundled up towels for her on the floor so she could "dig" in them. haha. Not sure if that is ok with a roomba either.

I need to give you a warning about Roomba's. We have one. A month ago our Roomba managed to get into our master bathroom from our master bedroom, where it should not have been able to get to as it transitioned from hard floor to carpet over a transition piece. It made it to the bathroom, where our two bunnies were hanging out. It somehow managed to get behind the bathroom door, shut the bathroom door thereby trapping itself in the room with the rabbits who FREAKED the hell out. It was in the bathroom with them for maybe 15 minutes tops before we realized, but two days later my female bun was dead. It was acting just fine, but rabbits will cover any illness as best they can. Rabbits can die of fright, but it doesn't happen immediately. I do not know if my bun died because of fright, but there were no warning signs she was ill. She was an extremely well cared for rabbit, who lived inside only.

Be careful of the Roomba that it NEVER inadvertently traps itself in a room with your rabbit(s). Better yet, don't use it if you rabbits are free roaming.

Yeah, that's pretty cute! My buns have never been care free, and are more reserved and anxious than many bunnies I see on the net. They enjoy company on their own terms exclusively, especially the bun that died. I wish she had been that carefree of a personality.

My bun was very scared of the vacuum (not the Roomba, just a regular vacuum) when I first used it, but now is totally okay. I think a lot of buns on the net are super carefree which is why their hoomans like to take videos of them, I wish Bunster was like that too.. well I'm still not giving up hope yet :p

Latest posts

Back