Use of silverwater on rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
Hi,
I just saw that someone put silverwater in the waterbottle of her rabbit.
Do more people use this with rabbits?
The only animals I know it is used on are budgies.
Thanks for your reply;)

Well its called Colloïdaal Zilver and made of small silver particles. This was used in the past by humans as a sort of antibiotic. This was replaced by beter medications lateron and therfor was no longer sold. Now its back on the market as a support to a healty lifestyle. But also used on birds in small concetrations as a support of their health. This seems to improve their health. And now someone in the netherlands has given this to her rabbit and therfor I wanted to know if there were more who use this on their rabbit and if so, what their findings were with this.

Silver is a natural disinfectant. I've heard of silver being used on sore throats as it kills the bacteria that is on the throat and relieves the pain.

Silver is also in Norwex products. If anyone hasn't heard of them I'm OBSESSED as they are clothes with silver inn them so you can clean and anti-bacteria surfaces with JUST water. It's amazing!!

So, with all that being said, that's how I've heard of silver uses. I've never heard of it used with rabbits.

Ok, I don't think that many people use it on budgies either. I heard about it on a forum and now I use it on my birds too. But I never heard of it on rabbits or other animals.

It seems like a pretty common health thing for people these days, though with some people the silver accumulates and turns their skin grayish blue permemantly. It's called argyria. I haven't ever heard of it being used for rabbits or what the benefits or health risks that it might present.

JBun wrote:
It seems like a pretty common health thing for people these days, though with some people the silver accumulates and turns their skin grayish blue permemantly. It's called argyria. I haven't ever heard of it being used for rabbits or what the benefits or health risks that it might present.
That's exacly why I havent used it on my rabbit, it's all to much of a grey area. My birds get it only some days in the week and they seem to do great on it just as with many others. But a rabbit is a totaly diferent animal. But if someone does use it, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back