Urine Stains

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Haven Rabbitry

Reaction score
Hello!

Anyone have any great ideas for getting urine stains out of rabbit fur?? I have a show in a week and my bucks that are side by side decided to have a pee fest on each other yesterday! I know everyone swears by cornstarch but wondering if it will get it out in time, or well enough. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Spray with white vinegar and put on the cornstarch. Let is dry and brush out. You may have to do this more than once. My bucks are not allowed to see each other so no sprayers here. They only do it if they see each other normally.

Lemon juice and sunlight work too, just be careful about letting it sit on the skin. Otherwise cornstarch mixed with water or a bath with baby shampoo mixed with a couple drops of old fashioned bluing.

I've been wondering about this, too. I don't do shows, but I don't especially want pee stains on my bunnies.

Does anybody have an idea of how many days it might take to get rid of stains?

Well, I had 2 bucks that had to be put next to each other in cages, and I'll be darned if that little stinker didn't just spray on over! I didn't want to move any of my does because they all have litters right now. I'll keep trying to cornstarch, it did help a little yesterday! :) Thanks everyone!

I am so glad to see this question asked. I honestly was just looking up this information.

My buck (somehow, no idea how!) managed to pee on his own hips. That's gotta take talent! In any case, I have really been having a hard time getting it off. I was considering buying some of the "no water" shampoo.

I do have a show on the 17th of September (my very first one!) so I am really concerned. I don't want to go in front of the judges with a stinky urine-stained buck!

Well, at least you don't have white rabbits! Mine was a broken black buck. The corn starch does work but you have to do it every day and really work it into the hair fibers. It wasn't completely gone by the time of the show, but it did help alot.

I can't imagine having to get it out of white rabbit fur! It was icky looking enough on black fur.

Glad to hear that it did at least help some!

Back