Urine stains

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bunnymommy76 wrote:
What can I use to remove urine stains on my buns fur?, I tried just baby shampoo, but that didn't do anything. Anyone have any suggestions?
One of our rabbits, Lily, has white feet and we use vinegar to help clean up urine stains. I pour a small amount of vinegar into a Dixie cup andgrab a small handful of cotton balls to set out on the bathroom counter. I grab one, dip it slightly into the vinegar to get damp, then wipe her feet with it. Once she grooms herself, she's clean! It seems to work well for us.:)

i have the same problem with my patchy, she has white feet and the bottoms are yellow. i've tried everything as well, but will try the vinegar. patchy is a monster tho and i'm a little worried about the ability to put it on her feet. to trim her nails i have to do the bunny burrito, but it doesn't seem that would work without wiping off the vinegar....how do you go about it?

If you have a paper towel or cloth soaked in vinegar and water, the bunny should be fine licking the fur after you 'spot clean' with it.

(I used to drink quarts of pickle juice when I was a kid, and I don't I suffered any ill effects -- although it may explain my adled mind). ;)

Hopefully it will just be like petting with damp hands and they won't go into a nail-clipping panic mode.

Give it a try and let us know if it works!

sas :bunnydance:

HeatherMarie wrote:
to trim her nails i have to do the bunny burrito, but it doesn't seem that would work without wiping off the vinegar....how do you go about it?
For us, we "trance" Lily. She's pretty easy to trance and doesn't seem to mind it. Do you know what trancing is? Here are a couple of sites about it:
http://www.mybunnies.com/trance.htm
http://www.hopperhome.com/trancing_rabbits.htm

Or if you have two people, one can hold the bunny, while the other can clean his/her feet. If that doesn't work, you could try a bunny burrito still, I think, and try to isolateone paw outside of the towel at a time. If the vinegar gets wiped off, that's fine; a couple of swipes/applications should suffice.

Our other bunny, Bender, is very uncomfortable being on his back, so we don't subject him to trancing. Use your best judgement; it's best not to stress your bunny out. :)

Hi!

Please note that, as Sas advised, vinegar should be diluted with water, as it is a natural acid and should not be licked in its pure form.

Marietta

Thanks, I will try. I've tranced before and FatFace, actually likes it he will stay on his back like that for ever if I let him. And Mama will go for it for a period of time. But Patchy refuses. And it scares her so bad, I won't even try after the first time I attempted it. But I will Bunny Burrito her, I was just worried about wiping it off. :)

Latest posts

Back