Urine stains on hardwood floors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
Hey guys. :)

I have a bit of a problem; I'm moving back in with my parents, and I have to be packed and out by the end of the month. So, of course I'd like to do a bit of cleaning before leaving too. Well, when he bunnies first got here, they decided they didn't want use the litter box and peed all over the floor. Unfortunately, it's left some stains that, no matter how hard I try, I can't remove.

Any advice?

If an enzymatic cleaner (soaked on an old rag and placed over the spots for an hour or so) don't work then you could try hydrogen peroxide. They might cause discoloration, though. If it does you'll probably need to sand the area and re-finish it. You can buy wood stain at craft stores (small amounts) and home improvement stores (larger amounts).

I found a website that had a few tips.
http://www.howtodothings.com/pets-and-animals/a4682-how-to-clean-up-cat-urine.html

Another thing you might try is first spray the hydrogen peroxide, then after that spray vinegar over the hydrogen peroxide. The two interact so don't put them in the same bottle.

If there is polyurethane on the floor, you could also try using a little fine steel wool after spraying with the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.

Back