Urine Scald

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Maria, Allison and I also think he is just so darn cute.

I am soooo happy to say that Alfred is going to the vet tomorrow. The humane society's rabbit vet is on her honeymoon, which is why nothing was being done when we wrote up for the vet to look at Alfred. When I contact my volunteer leader, she got in contact with a person who works there. They spent some time with Alfred today, which scares me a little bit because I wonder if they were assessing him to see if he could find a home between his illness and his attitude. But, she felt that Alfred couldn't wait until their vet came back so they are taking him to an outside rabbit savvy vet.

Then the news gets even better. She asked if anyone would be willing to foster Alfred because his issues may need more care then they can provide. And Allison stepped up and said she would foster him.

I am just so excited for Alfred, Allison, and her husband. Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out. I just know Alfred will do so well with Allison. She is great and Alfred would have a whole room to himself so I know he wouldn't be as aggressive. He isn't aggressive in the xpens. Just his tiny cage. Allison is also experiences with doing sub q fluids and giving meds. So this is just great news. I was so afraid Alfred wasn't going to have a chance to get better or have a change of life.

Everyone please keep Alfred in your prayers and thoughts, that whatever happens at the vets tomorrow, the humane society will value his life and allow Allison to foster him. I am going to be a nervous wreck until I hear back from them tomorrow.

Wow, I just read this whole thing and it's a really great thing what you and your friend Allison did. I hope everything works out with Alfred and Allison! And I'm still curious to know the result of his vet visit, as to if he has urine scald or not:?

I'm so glad they are getting him the vet care he needs. And it's great that he will be going home with Allison :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.....:pray:

I thought I'd give a little update on Alfred. The vet said there wasnt anything medically wrong with him. She prescribed Baytril & suggested using 2 litter boxes to see if it helps him to stop going outside of the box. We picked him up last night from another volunteers house.She had him for a few days while I was getting approved to foster at the humane society. The good news is his sores are starting to heal and drum roll please.....he is using his litter box. We have carpet down for him in his pen. i figured it would be softer for his little tootsies & help him heal. The interesting part is he wasnt using the litter box at the other volunteers house. She mentioned she had newspaper down, so maybe the carpet made the difference. I hope i dont jinx myself because it's only been one day...but I feel that he is on the right track.

:woohoo

I am so happy Allison. That is great news. How has his attitude been? I bet he is so happy to be out of that small cage at the humane society but is probably freaked out with all the moving lately.

Sending lots of praise for all you've done for Alfred.

So glad to hear it's behavioral and not medical, and that he is in your care and is safe now!

Latest posts

Back