Urine Scald?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divagrl96

Reaction score
Ok, HoneyBun, my rabbit, has a urine scald. Whats the best way to treat this? Plz help!:(:(;);)

Hi there,

My Charlie had a bit of urine scaldbecause of bladder issues,and i have been putting baby nappy rash cream on her....you can also use cornstarch....Charlie's Dr had also recommended vaseline to meas well.

I hope your HoneyBun is doing ok.....and as the saying goes if the symptom persist's..see your vet.

I hope this has helped you some :)

Cheryl

I always had to be careful with Holiday and his brother Fiesta because they were prone to this due to their splayed back legs.

What kind of flooring/bedding is HoneyBun on? If you use creams bits of bedding can stick to it

For my boys I'd use a bit of bag balm or baby cream.

First, you need to find the cause of the issue.....UTI, EC, mobility problems such as arthritis, etc....and get that properly treated. There are several rememdies including Bag Balm and human baby diaper rash ointments. I use plain old everyday corn starch.

Randy

If you use the Desitin, be sure to get the oiginal without any added perfumes or other stuff. Also, Vaseline brand name petroleum jelly is you best choice if you use that. Bag balm and cornstarch are also great natural options.

I've got a bun who has an injury and is prone to urine scald. The Desitin has worked well for her. But if you've got one of the other 3 products on hand, by all means use one of them.

Randy is right, if you've yet to have your bunny checked by the vet for this you will want to get there and find out why this is happening. If you already have done that, then keeping the site clean and treated will help to clear things up...just be sure to check your bunny's scald-prone area on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Back