**URGENT** Spay Recovery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stitch&flopsy

Reaction score
Hey guys! My bunny Flopsy just got spayed and we didn't fast her. Now after her spay she is just nibbling some lettuce but not even 1/4 of a piece. I am offering her pellets, hay, and veggies. If she doesn't eat before morning, she is going to the vet. She was spayed at 11am this morning. What should I do? Is she gonna be ok? How can I entice her to eat? It's 7:55.
Here she is....ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1395276726.342808.jpg

That sounds pretty normal. She is still recovering from the anaesthesia and is a bit dopey. Females can take a bit longer to come out of it fully than males. Even if she is not eating much by morning, that can still be normal, but you may want to syringe feed her a bit to help get things moving.

If all she will eat is leafy lettuce or greens, then keep encouraging her to eat it every half hour or so. I had a bun that wouldn't eat much after his neuter. All he would eat was a little bit of leafy greens. So I kept offering them to him throughout the day, and he would just eat a little bit each time I offered it, but a little bit all day long added up. I did have to keep sticking it right in his face to get him to even eat that little bit though.

Also your bun should be getting pain meds, so hopefully the vet sent you home with some. You will also want to make sure your bun stays warm as their body temp usually drops after having anesthesia.

Last edited:
Ok thank you very much she is eating a little bit of parsley will that hold her over for the morning, I left some more veggies in her cage for the night. I really hope she is ok.😣😁

Sounds normal to me. She's going to want peace and quiet for the first 12 hours after you bring her home. If she's eating a little bit, don't worry it should gradually increase. If she does stop eating all together, then I might take her to the vet. From what you said, I wouldn't worry too much.

Latest posts

Back