URGENT: Rescue Me! Two Black Kitties in Wisconsin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I hate it when my sister calls.

She called me last night and asked if I wanted two kitties, or knew anyone who would. It turns out, her friend is getting rid of her two black cats. She is moving, and does not want to take the kitties with her. She would rather "set them free" than take them to a shelter "where they will be tortured and killed". She's a bit of a free spirit... Let's leave it at that.

From my understanding, they are two adult males. My sister said that they are over 3 years old. She doesn't know their neutering status, and doubts that they are declawed. They are both sweet, loving cats, but they are getting a bit weird with their owner's child starting to move around (she just started crawling not too long ago, and is starting to walk now. She is able to catch up to and harass the cats - according to her friend).

My sister said that she would take them, except that she is terribly allergic, and her landlord hates cats. She would be willing to house them at her place for a few days (no more than 4-5) if there was a space open for them. I called the Milwaukee area rescues, and they are either full, doubt that a black cat would be placed in an adoption, or required a surrender fee (her friend won't pay the fees, and my sister and I are broke). I gave my sister all of the numbers of shelters remotely close to her. She will be calling them today.

If anyone can help, please respond ASAP. I need to know if anyone has any leads by tonight. I don't even know if the kitties will be there as of tonight (her friend is moving tomorrow). Please, let me know!

I told my sister that, if all else fails, start calling around to some local farms. They might need mousing cats. I think that the life of a mousing cat would be better than a "free" cat that is set loose in the wild.

We are willing to help with transport! Thanks, everyone!

Back