URGENT RESCUE- CA (RESOLVED!!!!!!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I can PM with the phone information to call on this rabbit. It came across on another rabbit list I'm on.

My name is Bethany. I am a very pretty orange and white spotted bunny
that is spayed. I am super kind and very laid back. My brother, DJ
and I were abandoned near a very busy street with no food or water. I
really thought when we were kept from being run over on that busy
street that it was the beginning of my second chance but if I am not
adopted by this Saturday my time at the shelter is up.
All I want is
a safe, loving, indoor home like my brother DJ found. I am such a
good bunny. I always use my box, I enjoy being pet and am good with
other bunnies. I love tossing my toys in the air and trying to catch
them. I am just under a year old and am okay with cats and mellow
dogs. If you can help, please contact

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP FOSTER THIS ONE????

Oh No!

I agree sas, they shouldve been adopted out as a pair. :(

Anyone in that area? Theres so many rabbit rescues in CA, so it alwayssurprises me to hear of one on "death row"..maybe the no kill sheltersare full?

I really hope this little girl finds a home in time.

I wish I lived in the USA, this is so heartbreaking. :(

It means that unless someone steps in, the rabbit will be euthanized.:(

The rabbit was adopted about 5:30 pm today (Saturday) CST - to be part ofa bonded pair.....

I am speaking to Julie on the phone right now about this and she isgoing to be joining us soon on the forum so she can share about rabbitsshe tries to rescue.

She is now concerned about one named Pebbles.....but she will start a thread on that.

Peg

Kawaii608 wrote:
Why wouldthey be killed? I thought shelters aresuppose to be nice and keep the animals until someone adoptsthem.
Shelters fill up so fast that they set time limits on the amount oftime they can stay, when that time is up, the euthanize them to makeroom for other needy animals. it's sort of confusing but that is how itworks. There are some no-kill shelters but many of them are not.

TinysMom, that's awesome! I love it when they get spared.

TinysMom wrote:
The rabbit was adopted about 5:30 pm today (Saturday) CST -to be part ofa bonded pair.....
Ohh thank goodness for that!,that's one lucky little bunny :)

cheryl

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Kawaii608 wrote:
Whywouldthey be killed? I thought shelters are suppose to benice and keep the animals until someone adopts them.
Shelters fill up so fast that they set time limits on the amount oftime they can stay, when that time is up, the euthanize them to makeroom for other needy animals. it's sort of confusing but that is how itworks. There are some no-kill shelters but many of them are not.

TinysMom, that's awesome! I love it when they get spared.
How long is the time limit? I kinda got my eyes on this rabbitthat i wanna adopt but not yet. Maybe next month.... Out of all therabbits i saw in shelthers that i can get to thats the only one i'minterested in.

It depends upon the shelter and the rabbit. It could be as little as 3 days - or a week - or maybe a month?

It also depends upon how full the shelter is. When they need to startmaking cage space - it is my understanding that the rabbits that havebeen there the longest are the first to be euthanized...

Peg

Not all shelters have actual timelimits. My local humane society does not. But ifthey have way too many animals then the do start euthanizing the onesthat have been there the longest. It doesn't happen too oftenwith rabbits in this particular shelter, but it's a regular occurencewith cats and pretty frequent with dogs too. They're just notcapable of taking care of that many animals at a time, especially whenthere's not enough homes for them to go to.

I really recommend calling that shelter. Also keep in mindthat shelter websites and Petfinder aren't always kept up to date soyou should call and make sure the one you want is stillthere. Another good idea is to volunteer at a shelter so youcan learn what happens in them and help homeless animals get adopted.

I'm really glad someone was able to help this rabbit!:bunnydance:

At my shelter they have at least fourdays. After that, they can be euthanized. However,they aren't euthanizing rabbits. But with the dogs and cats,its the feral cats or the aggressive dogs that go first. Thenthe older, less adoptable ones. You can pretty much look at adog and know if it's going to get a home, or if it's pretty iffy thatit will.

thats soo sad. I kinda wish that rabbits willonly have one baby at a time so they don't over reproduce. There is soomany rabbits and soo little people who wants rabbits.

Latest posts

Back