Urgent please any experiences with fever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
My 4 and half months old bunny have hot ears for 3 days now
No any other changes on behaviour, eating perfectly and hopping doing binkies and playing normally
We have put some water on his head and ears and they would cool down then heat up again
Do she needs an urgent visit to the vet ?
Would it be possible those are adsolence symptoms?
Please help

My mini lop's ears often feel warm, even when she's perfectly healthy. If she's eating, binkying, playing, etc. and doesn't seem to be in any form of pain, I'd say it's probably normal.

My mini lop's ears often feel warm, even when she's perfectly healthy. If she's eating, binkying, playing, etc. and doesn't seem to be in any form of pain, I'd say it's probably normal.
Ya all is normal but i noticed something thats while not petted she grind her teeth while stretched out sleeping
Would this indicate pain ? And fever

Bandit sometimes grinds while he is stretched out/relaxing. Painful grinding is usually more of a loud crunching sound, rather than the softer happy grinding.

Bandit sometimes grinds while he is stretched out/relaxing. Painful grinding is usually more of a loud crunching sound, rather than the softer happy grinding.
Thank u thats what i wanted to know if its okay to grind while not petted

Rabbits ears get warm or hot due to their body trying to cool down in warm or hot environmental conditions, or from running around and getting too hot., as they have blood vessels in their ears and this is a normal cooling mechanism for them. In most instances it's not an indication of a fever and infection, especially when the rabbit is behaving normally otherwise. If your rabbits ears are very hot and not just warm, your rabbit may be getting overheated, especially if there is an increased respiratory rate. If your bunny is getting overheated, providing cool tiles to lay on or a frozen water bottle to lay next to, can help. Also if you have air conditioning, that is the most help in keeping a rabbit cool in warm weather.

Some rabbits will contentedly chatter or tooth purr while they are relaxed and not being petted. This is normal behavior from a contented happy rabbit. Tooth grinding from pain is a louder harsher sound, and a rabbits behavior will also be different. They may be hunched in a corner, frequently and quickly changing positions, and displaying other behaviors that may not be normal for them and may be indications of pain. If your bun is behaving normally then it sounds like she is just fine. Rabbits that are sick will usually stop eating and will not behave normally.

Rabbits ears get warm or hot due to their body trying to cool down in warm or hot environmental conditions, or from running around and getting too hot., as they have blood vessels in their ears and this is a normal cooling mechanism for them. In most instances it's not an indication of a fever and infection, especially when the rabbit is behaving normally otherwise. If your rabbits ears are very hot and not just warm, your rabbit may be getting overheated, especially if there is an increased respiratory rate. If your bunny is getting overheated, providing cool tiles to lay on or a frozen water bottle to lay next to, can help. Also if you have air conditioning, that is the most help in keeping a rabbit cool in warm weather.

Some rabbits will contentedly chatter or tooth purr while they are relaxed and not being petted. This is normal behavior from a contented happy rabbit. Tooth grinding from pain is a louder harsher sound, and a rabbits behavior will also be different. They may be hunched in a corner, frequently and quickly changing positions, and displaying other behaviors that may not be normal for them and may be indications of pain. If your bun is behaving normally then it sounds like she is just fine. Rabbits that are sick will usually stop eating and will not behave normally.

Thank u soo much thats soo helpful :bunnyheart

Seems it was normal her ears are cool now sometimes hot sometimes cold and often regular
Thank you all

Latest posts

Back