Urgent help needed with transport of a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosL

Reaction score
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend - I live in the UK but have met her in online groups. Her message follows (from a Yahoo group, and with permission to forward)

Hi All,

This is already on the Bunderground, but I'm getting no responses, so wanted to put it on this forum in the event anyone can help.

I have a 13-year-old neutered male dwarf (Indie) who recently lost his partner (Suni) of ten years. He's growing more depressed by the day. Even though he has the run of the house and we give him lots of attention, as we work from home, we just can't replace the bunny love he has grown used to receiving. He is in desperate need of another bun, and we'd like to get an elderly bun, if possible.

The closest one we have found is at the SPCA in Montreal - a 6-year-old spayed female. The problem is that our passports are expired so we can't pick her up ourselves. We have renewed them, but they won't arrive for a few weeks, and I don't want Indie to have to wait that long, especially since we'll be leaving town for a couple of days next month. The last time we left town for only 28 hours (even having a vet tech stop by twice to feed/clean), we came home to find Indie not eating, shivering uncontrollably with his left eye swollen shut. We gave him sub-q fluids immediately and force fed him and trimmed his eyelashes which were the cause of his eyelid closing (when he gets stressed, for some reason his eyelid starts to fold over to where his eyelashes rub against his eye).

Anyway, long story short, we are looking for someone to bring Maggie from the foster home she's at in Montreal to the border of Vermont (about an hour and a half drive one way), where we would pick her up and drive her home. I am willing to compensate for time and gas.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. We (and Indie) will be eternally grateful. And the sooner the better for his sake. :)

Celeste

Yes, thanks, a friend from Montreal has done that.

I've posted too on several Yahoo groups, on Petbunny and the two Bunderground groups have been contacted but really unfortunately they only serve the USA.

I have a vague memory of a couple of links on one of the Yahoo groups a few weeks ago regarding pilots who will provide air transport for animals and am trying to track those down.

Celeste, who is asking for the help, used to be with Great Lakes before moving to her present home.

Latest posts

Back