Urgent help needed pregnant rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlazeBunnies

Reaction score
Hi everyone my girl diamond was due 2 days ago and she built a nest. There is no blood or evidence of a birth but she looks skinnier what is going on o was thinking it could be a fandom pregnancy but she made her nest the day she was due! She lives with another female that is suspected to give birth they are both extremely friendly :( (I named this urgent as the babies might be stuck as she is first time mum)
Oh and both are very healthy and I haven't noticed any changes in poop or eating or behaviour

Here is pics
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438323324.251345.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438323336.850245.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438323348.768209.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1438323393.806977.jpg

Did you look under the nest for babies? I see it looks like an open hutch... Where else does she have access too?
I would not be keeping 2 females together if their both supposed to be giving birth.
Hopefully one of the breeders will come on and answer

it is a big hutch it has a upstairs which is where her nest is and a downstairs which is where they gate fed etc...
i have hace chcked in, underneath and around the nest but no babies! I'm thinking i might take her to the vet... ill see how she goes

Do you know how to palpate? if not, and you have doubts she may be pregnant you could take her to the vet. We've had a few does go overdue but I can usually tell by their behavior whether they're pregnant or not. My daughter can also palpate, which helps.

i can palpate but she docent feel pregnant like she did yesterday... i have checked her everyday and some days she feels pregnant some days she feels like she isn't :(

I don't want to scare you but sometimes they can even eat their babies. I hope this is not what happened to yours

If they eat their own then there would have been some sign of the ordeal. How old is the female rabbit? If she goes over day 35 and no babies then I would suspect a false pregnancy. We had a first time mom make a nest and everything. I felt her belly on day 32 and it was empty.

If it makes you feel more at ease the vet can do an xray to see if there are any babies

Update: diamond had 3 babies today, she gave birth down stairs and not upstairs in the best and her babies sadly passed away I tried to revive them but it was too late :( RIP babies

It's so sad she is in the bedding area trying to find them and she just sat there staring at it for like 1hr

I am so sorry to hear this. Poor mom and poor babies.
I think animals take death a little lighter than we people because it happens in the wild a lot. I hope she copes with time.

I was feeding them just now and noticed she was humping Cadbury her cage Mate/bonded pair

What could this be a sign of? Is she hormonal?

Yes, if you wanted to re-breed her, a few days after she kindled would be the best time to do it because tshe's more receptive.

No, since the kits didn't make it she would not be under any stress at this point. If the kits were stillborn or died within a day or two then waiting 2-3 days and then rebreeding is fine. I wouldn't do this all the time because then it would be too hard on her, but if you need babies from her for a particular reason then you can do it.

Latest posts

Back