URGENT HELP needed. Baby bunny diarrhea.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle423

Reaction score
I really need some quick help. I have been hand feeding a baby bunny that the mama bunny wouldnt take care of. He is 4 weeks old today. He is much smaller than his siblings, about the size of my fist. He has been doing great until last night when he developed diarrhea. He would not eat last night either. This morning he seemed to be having normal poops, but now the diarrhea is back. Pretty bad, I would say. He is eating, but not as much as normal.

I know I should take him to the vet right away, but Im not in a very good place financially, so if I take him is there even anything they can do?

I have become so attached to this little bunny. Im absolutely terrified he is going to die.

Something that could help this bun is a product called the biosponge which absorbs toxins caused by clostridium

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=56448&forum_id=16&highlight=biosponge

it was orignally used extremely succesfully on horses buthas alsobeen helpful in saving other young mammals.

Do you know or can you contact an equine vet in order to purchase a small amount

Biosponge would be the most useful product that you could use. .?

In the meantime it would help if you could give a dose of a probiotic like benebac ; since baby rabbits do not have bacteria in their guts when they are born they need mothers milk to be able to produce their own normal bacteria

The baby can also be given an electrloyte drink like pedialyte per syringe to replenish fluids.
You can also get some fresh cecal pellets from another rabbit and feed them to the baby

What have you been feeding this baby? I will try to findthe the proper recipe.

You really need an experiienced vet; and even then without the biosponge the chances of this kit making it is slim.

There is no way this baby can nurse from a doe with milk?

could you hold the baby to the doe?

Latest posts

Back