*URGENT*GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chino31388

Reaction score
So I took my 1.5 years old lionhead mix (neutered) to the vet this morning since he had diminishing appetite and his poops got smaller, also got a bit inactive. He was diagnosed with GI stasis and had fluids therapy and oral medications prescribed. However, we have been home for about six hours and he hasn't pooped yet. I am wondering if it's normal... He's eating fine, not normal amount yet but better than yesterday. Kinda lazy cause it's not his "active time" yet, but he's not pooping or peeing.

Please help :( Panicking

When did the pooping stop and did the vet check the abdomen for a blockage? Did the vet also check your rabbits teeth to make sure dental problems weren't the cause of the lack of appetite? What meds have been prescribed, and since he isn't eating normal amounts are you also supplementing with syringe feeds? Is he drinking on his own, and if not are you syringing water as well? Where any other diagnostics done(xrays, blood tests, etc)?

He must be scared because he doesn't know what just happened to him and did not know where he was. Give him time to calm down and time to feel a little better because they must have given him injections and you mentioned fluids so he was poked with a needle a few times so it is normal for them to kind of hide out for a bit. If he doesn't perk up by tomorrow I would give the vet a call.

-Vet tech

Latest posts

Back