URGENT-COULD ANYONE HELP ME?!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledBuni

Reaction score
ok, here goes, im gonna go on vacation in the summer and have to leavemy bun at my friend's. my friend also has a bun. so my bun and her bunare both unfixed. mines a girl while hers is a boy. thus i NEED to havemy bun spayed (and i also like the other benefits ofhaving mybun spayed). My friend isnt a very good pet-sitter because she isnteven taking good care of her own bun. so i doubt that she'll be verygood at keeping the buns apart and she has a smallapartment,and i dont want to come home to a pregnant bun.

but my mom wont agreeto getting my bun spayed. she thinks its only a stupid animal that weshouldnt spend $200 on.she doesnt understand... So if anyonehere works at any pet/animal organization, heres my plan: i send thatperson $100($150), then that person sends me back a check for $100 fromthe person's organization, and my mom will probably let my bun getspayed.

I'M SERIOUS AND THIS IS NOT A JOKE, I'M REALLY WILLING TO DO THIS!

if anyone is willingto help me please contact me either by email or responding to this. thesooner the better because i still will have to ask my momthatif i can geta discountwill she let me get my bunspayed.

Thanks a lot

ps- does anyone know where i can get a spay/neuter certificate(FOR RABBITS)in NY?

What about finding someone else to care for yourbunny. Fixin is a good idea but not only only problem if you leave yourbunny with someone who you dont think will take proper care of her.

Cristy

well i cant find anyone else to take GOOD care ofher. theres a bunny-sitter(professional) but it costs $300 so why notjust get her spayed.

Is there anyone out there in NY (near the 5 boroughs) who can take care of my bun?

plus the fact that i also would like to get myrabbit spayed so that there will be no cancer in the reproductive areasand she will be more gentle and no always nip ppl and etc.

How about checking with dog groomers and pet stores? They may know someone cheaper.

Also -- don't send a check for $100 to anyone. You may never see that money again.

Pam

im starting to think...maybe having kits wont bethat bad...what do u guys think? (little furry balls sleeping in a nestbox, awww)

yes but then they grow up to be big furry bunnysthat you have to find homes for and will cost lots more money!!!! iwould just find out if anyone else could take care of her.and whatabout brining your cage over to her house that would alsosolve the problem , but if she dosnet take good care of the bun iwouldnt want mine over there. check and see if your parents have anyfriends who might be willing .

hope everything works out:)

Greetings SpoiledBuni,

I couldn't agree more with the advice that Cristy, Pamnock, and gjsara have given you.

I know you love your bunny. There are other options available, I'msure, if you just start your search over again for a place for him/herto stay. Don't give up looking.

Having baby bunnies is quite a commitment. You have to have the properset-up, enough of time, training, and knowledge in making sure theyhave all want. Then you have to find homes for them. Not an easy thingas most breeders of purebred rabbits have a hard time selling them aspets. If the babies aren't watched and tended to, they'll die. Thatwould upset you more.

As Pamnock said, don't give your money to anyone. Keep asking around asto who could tend to the rabbit. Pam's given you great ideas. Cristymakes a strong point when she asks why you'd want to leave yourprecious little one in the care of someone who isn't responsible; andgjsara hits the nail on the head in her post.

I'm confident that you will find someone else that you know and trust to take care of your bunny. Someone will turn up.

Keep asking and keep us posted.

-Carolyn

SpoiledBuni wrote:

ps- does anyone know where i can get a spay/neuter certificate(FOR RABBITS)in NY?
I wouldn't trust my bun in the hands of someone you don'tthink will care for her. and you certainly don't want a poor bunny caregiver looking after your bun just after she has had surgery.

How long do you plan on being gone? 2 weeks? thats a longtime for a not so good care giver to watch your preciousbaby. I hope you can find someone to help. my thoughts arewith you

Everyone's given great advice & i toothink that you should reconsider who you leave your rabbit with,knowing that your friend doesn't take very good care ofanimals. The last thing you'd want is to come home to a sickneglected bunny because you left it in the hands of the wrong person,it's also unfair to the bunny.

Keep in mind that your bunny & your friends bunny might not getalong as you hope they will& if not watched by yourfriend, they could end up fighting and really doing some harm toeachother if not seperated or caught in time. As for lettingthem mate, if your mom won't let you spend the money now to get 1 bunnyspayed/neutered, having kits isn't going to be such a good idea unlessyoure planning on having a lot of seperate cages since she's not goingto pay to have 1-9 done as well. Might not be what you want to hear butit'sdefinately something to think about and take intoconsideration.

If i were you, i'd definately ask around, ask other friends if theywould be willing to watch your bunny, or even friends of your parentsmight be willing to or know someone that would. As others mentionedlocal pet shops might be of help, it's worth takingthe timechecking around for other options(for the benefit ofyourbunny & you, vacation won't be so funif youre stuckworryingabout if your bunny is being fed/taken care of thewhole time). Good luck!

~pam

Would your mother have left you with "just anyone".....especially someone she couldn't trust?

And, as stated here previously, never send money out to someone you don't know!

I dont know how old you are so if this is even aoption. but what about you not going on vacation if you can't findsomeone who will take good care of your bunny. Hopefully youcan keep looking and find someone. Good luck.

Cristy

I live on Long Island - perhaps if you are ableto get your bunny to me, I'll watch her for you. I have threebuns who live outside. I have an extra hutch outside that Ican put her in. Write back and let me know if you'reinterested. I'd hate for you to leave her with someone whowill neglect her.

mygrl2k3 wrote:
Idont know how old you are so if this is even a option. but what aboutyou not going on vacation if you can't find someone who will take goodcare of your bunny. Hopefully you can keep looking and findsomeone. Good luck.

Cristy
*sigh* if only my mom would let me. I THINK by law,im old enough to stay home alone but the plane tickets are set and mymom won't let me...

thank u all of all your concerns and comments. Ihave left my bun at her home before but that time it was only for 3days, this time i'll be gone a lot longer. i'm bringing my cage over sono, the buns will NOT be in the same cage. My friend has (sorta)promised me that she'll NOT let them exercise at the same time. But imstill worried thats the reason I want my bun spayed. If I do get my bunspayed it'll be a month before I go on vacation so my bun should be allhealed up from the surgery by then.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit because she does have a bun and she does loveit, its just that she doesnt follow proper procedures(doesnt measurehow much food she gives to her bun, doesnt give veges, sister doesntfollow proper handling procedures, etc.)for herbun.But i trust that if I give my friend instructions andhave everything organized for her with a time table, etc., she'll befine. I'll be calling every other day to check up on my bun and she ismy friend and I do trust her and Im bunny-sitting her bun for her rightnow as I type, so she's returning the favor.

But the real problem is that I really want my bun to be spayed,it'll make the load on my heart so much lighter when i go away. But mymom doesnt understand that. What should i do so that she'll let me getmy bun spayed?

thank u all of all your concerns and comments. Ihave left my bun at her home before but that time it was only for 3days, this time i'll be gone a lot longer. i'm bringing my cage over sono, the buns will NOT be in the same cage. My friend has (sorta)promised me that she'll NOT let them exercise at the same time. But imstill worried thats the reason I want my bun spayed. If I do get my bunspayed it'll be a month before I go on vacation so my bun should be allhealed up from the surgery by then.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit because she does have a bun and she does loveit, its just that she doesnt follow proper procedures(doesnt measurehow much food she gives to her bun, doesnt give veges, sister doesntfollow proper handling procedures, etc.)for herbun.But i trust that if I give my friend instructions andhave everything organized for her with a time table, etc., she'll befine. I'll be calling every other day to check up on my bun and she ismy friend and I do trust her and Im bunny-sitting her bun for her rightnow as I type, so she's returning the favor.

But the real problem is that I really want my bun to be spayed,it'll make the load on my heart so much lighter when i go away. But mymom doesnt understand that. What should i do so that she'll let me getmy bun spayed?

when are you leaveing??? lets say hypotheticallyyou had the money well then you would have to research a good vet whohas LOTS of expeirence with bunnys after you found one thenyou would have to make an appt that could take some time most vets booka couple months ahead (unless of an emergency) then the recovery timeafter the surgery you bunn need to be wacthed closley sometime femaleswill tear out there stiches and need to be stiched right away alsosheneeds to be in a stress free invironment!! to heal taking her to yourfriends after geting spayed wouldnt be good for you bun at all.

of course this is all hypothtical.

good luck

Just a suggestion about your bunny. If your wholefamily is going away for 2 weeks can you not find someone to come inmaybe twice a day and feed look after your bunny? This is what I dowhen we go away my neighbours next door but one come in to my gardenevery morning and every evening and see to them.

This way there is someone looking after your bunnies and they do nothave to be moved to a strange environment which can be stressful tothem. The other advantage to doing this is that they can also keep awatch on your house for you while you are on holiday. Maybe you have aneighbour who would come in and feed your bunny?

Latest posts

Back