Upper Ear Cartilidge Piercing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
Ok, I have my lobes double-pierced. Now I wasthinking about getting one in my upper left ear. However I have somequestions (for those who have them):

-Needle or piercing gun?
-Mall shop or pro body piercer?
-How much does it hurt?
-Is it easily infected?
-How long did it take to heal?
-Any disfigurements?

Any info would be good. This is the only reputable stuff I found online:

http://hospitals.unm.edu/AboutUs/Healthsmart/Fall06.pdf

Thanks!

I don't have this but know many thatdo. 1st off-pro shop not mall. 2nd-unfortunately,needle not gun. Everyone's different most tell me it doesn'thurt, these peeps have tattoos. I am a big baby and wantedthis a number of years ago and just won't do it. I can ofcourse get infected, you should get the side pierced that you don't usefor the phone too. I think it only takes afew weeksto heal, but have to leave the original earring in for the usual 6weeks, but I know of people that didn't.:D

I want the inner lobe part pierced-(I don't know what to call it) Ithink it looks super cool, but I know someone that just got it done andshe said it killed all night long, so nope on that too:shock:.

Hi i totally agree, has to be a needle. Also nota good idea if the top of your ear curls back over quite flat the onlydifigurement would be on a coloured skin prone to keloid scarring. Itdoes look smart though my neice has it done my ears are to tight at thetop to have it so i just have the bottom lobe done 3 in one ear and 1in the other i like to be odd!!

I've had 8 ear piercings with a gun.One was in the mid-range of my ear and hit a nerve - extremely painful(I got sick to my stomach). I tried to keep the earring infor about a year, but it never healed. The others didn't hurt(slight pinch).

For long term, I recommend wearing rings (most of mine are gold posts)- less chance of infection and they stay clean.

Pam

Definately use a needle I have heard too manystories of peoples cartilidge getting shattered by getting pierced by agun. Pro body piercer they are probably more expensive but it's worthit knowing they know what they are doing. Mine didn't hurt to much itwas just a pinch but everyone's pain tolerance is different. It mostlikely won't get infected if you clean it properly at some point duringhealing time it might develop some kind of bump but thats normal justkeep up with your normal cleaning and it should eventually go away. Itcan take anywhere from 6 months to a year to heal completely. :cool:

Whatever you do, don't attempt to do it yourselfat home :?. Tried that when I was about 15 and I still have a bit of alump in my ear 9 years later! It was the most painful, faint-inducingexperience of my life. Ear + sowing needle =:cry4:

Definitely at a tattoo shop, and with a needle.

I have mine peirced and got it done about 7 years ago. The pain fromwhat I remember was next to nothing and all I felt was a "heat" feelingfor the rest of the day. Mine healed quickly, all my peircings do.

I have snakebites (two peircings in your bottom lip). It was 5 seconds of pain, and well worth it.

Heres the snakebites on me....

l_dc0f1b474d6c43ea1b645450f05274b9.jpg

Go for it!

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I got mine done with the gun (about 15 yearsago!) The first one I had done got really badly infected. Ihad to take it out and let it heal. When I went to get itre-done the girl suggested a higher carat of gold. I got itpierced with 18 carat and it healed fine. I have found thatany of my piercings that deal with cartilage either have to be gold ora good surgical steel. My nose peircing I got done mid-Febthis year healed in no time flat! If you get it done with aneedle make sure you get yourself a good piercer. Allpiercings hurt or pinch...but a good piercer makes all thedifference! When I got my tongue pierced I was lucky to havea piercer at the time who had been in the business for 30years! (He has since retired!) I didn't even feelthe pinch! I was stunned...getting my tongue pierced hurtless that getting the bottom lobe of my ear done! Aconfident, experienced piercer is the best!!:)

Latest posts

Back