Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo

Reaction score
Hey :)I last posted a while back asking for advice about whether to get a new rabbit as company for my lone male rabbit after his sister died. I decided to wait until summer so i'd be home from uni and have time to give enough attention to a baby rabbit and time to bond it with Pippin. (my lonely little guy)

Well when I was about to leave for home last weekI wandered into a pet shop and there was the cutest little girl.. so I smuggled her onto the train in a big handbag with her own blanket and she was very good and quiet for 2 hours until I got home.
I think we must have bonded on the train ride home because she's very affectionate, and is a tad obsessed with trying to groom me and keeps climbing onto my shoulder. :hearts:She also loves her blanket and crawls under it herself when she wants to sleep lol

So I was wondering a few things as its been a few years since i've had a baby rabbit.
The shop assistant said she was 6 weeks old which soundeda bit young so i'm trying to give her a lot of extra attention. I bought a pack of the food they were feeding her and will transition her to my usual pellet food soon - want to let her get a little bit hardier before I mess with her diet.
I noticed the rabbits there didn't have any hay, so when would be ok to give her some without upsetting her stomach? How much etc?
And at what age can I start introducing small amounts of greens, and which would be good starter veggies for her?

I've moved my 3 other rabbits (2 bonded males, 1 lone male - all neutered) outside to their split enclosure for the summer today and the aim is that this new baby will live with my lone male.
So I want to get her a VHD vaccine before I put her out there - how old does she need to be?
I don't intend to move her out fully to live with Pippin until about August as she's very tiny and Pippin is a big 3yr old lump of a lop so I want her to grow up a little in case he sits on her and squishes her :biggrin2:

Sorry for so many questions lol, just want to make sure I do everything right!

Also if anyone has any suggestions for keeping her entertained while she is on her own like safe toys i'd love to hear some! She has a tunnel, a blanket (dont worry she doesn't chew it) and a little jingly ball.

Cheers, Echo :wave:

Ooh and some pics lol, am I right in saying she is a lionhead with a bit of english butterfly?

Fluff2.jpg

Newbaby.jpg

Fluff1.jpg

OH MY GOSH!
That has GOT to be one of THE most adorable baby bun that I've seen!
If you lived closer (like, over the pond, lol) I would have to come look at her...really, she is incredible, lol.

I wouldn't start feeding her greens, she's way too young.
I would start at maybe 3-4mos. and gradually introduce some.
Hay I think will be fine - from what I know, most buns (unless their GI is irritated from something else going on)
have no problems with hay - I feed my little guys Orchard hay since it's softer - but they'll eat Timothy also.

Toys..hmm mine like anything cardboard they can chew on and toss around - also cat toy-balls with the bell inside, anything they can climb into or on top of they love.

She is beautiful. :) I have bought lots of toys for my bunnies but I also have gave them boxes(empty cereal boxes , cracker boxes, etc), cardboard, toliet paper rolls, Empty Oatmeal Rolls, Kleenex boxes(take plastic off), Pop Boxes. Hope it gives you some ideas.

:sunshine:April

My Gosh! She is gorgeous! :DHave you decided on aname yet??

What an adorable little baby. My boy really likes cardboard boxes, things he can roll, and and old towel he can dig up and play with. :)

Oh, forgot to mention old telephone books - they looove to dig up and rip apart those, lol.

Latest posts

Back