update they are HERE babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
I can see movement in the nest :biggrin:she is now laying outside of her nest box herbottom is bloody .So now what :?how soon should I take the lid off to see the babies and check them?

Please everyone jump in :pray:

You should check on them right away. ;) You need to make sure that all kits are alive, and if not, remove any DOA kits.

Other than that, just check them once or twice a day - when you feed Momma, and make sure they are getting fed. ;)

Emily

I would check them over asap. Remove any dead babies or placentas.

A little bit of blood on her bottom is normal, however she should not still be bleeding. She will clean up her bottom on her own, so don't worry about that. I would check her bottom to make sure she is not actively bleeding or has any thing stuck partway out.

-Dawn

If she doesn't clean up her bottom in an hour or so - I'd be a bit concerned...then check her for a stuck kit or something.

But definitely check on the kits and make sure they're all alive and stuff.

she has cleaned her self up I checked on the babies she had two and one is dead (why ?)

Both are black they look bigger than i thought they would be 4 inches long .do you think she will have more ?

And tiny's mom I was just thinking of calling you

I told you to feel free to call...I have the phone beside me in case you need me!

TinysMom wrote:
I told you to feel free to call...I have the phone beside me in case you need me!
Well she is eatting now so I guess I just have the one so finding the perfect home will not be hard i wiil keep her/him :D

Well I'm glad it went well over all! :)
And thats great you're going to keep the one! I know he/she will have a wonderful home and be spoiled by their mom and their new second mom, you! :)

Baby bunnies die very easily. She could have died in the womb.
So I couldnt tell you why...it just happens.
I think that and the fact that they're prey animals is why they're baby machines.
Its crazy you could impregnate her again right now...right after giving birth.
Of course I'm not saying you should or its a good option. It just amazes me its even possible :)
I guess thats how it is for us though too?
lol

TinysMom wrote:

As always thank you for the call :hugsquish:

And everyone else that has helped me with GREAT information :D

If this is her first litter? Sometimes the babies can be stretched. The first time moms can have a difficult time pushing the babies out of the birth canal, and so the babies get stretched. If this is the case, you will usually lose the first one at least, but generally both. When you said they look bigger than you thought that is what made me think of that. I had a doe kindle a litter that was stretched, and both died. They were a small breed, but visibly elongated. Do you have pictures?

Huh...I never thought of that Lishnka, I'll have to remember that when my doe gives birth for the first time.
Thats about six months down the road though...
lol
You guys think people would want bunnies for Christmas? if I sold indoor cages too?
lol

Thats a bummer that happens though.
I suppose that can happen to dogs and cats too?
Never thought about it.

Not looking forward to giving birth for the first time...thats for sure.
I look forward to the baby...just not the giving birth.
And again...thats at least three years down the road ;)
lol

Lishka wrote:
If this is her first litter? Sometimes the babies can be stretched. The first time moms can have a difficult time pushing the babies out of the birth canal, and so the babies get stretched. If this is the case, you will usually lose the first one at least, but generally both. When you said they look bigger than you thought that is what made me think of that. I had a doe kindle a litter that was stretched, and both died. They were a small breed, but visibly elongated. Do you have pictures?

i don't knowanything about her past or ageshe was found in my yard. she was bred accidently

No pic's yet

Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:
How's da momma?

:tantrum::tantrum:We need pictures! :tantrum::tantrum:

Please? lol:bouquet:

She is doing good eatting and going in the nest box I Just :pray:she is feeding the little one. I probably won't take Pictures for a couple of days .:)

I really want this baby to be healthy

Yesterday when I found the babies they where under the nest straw and fur on top of them well I left them there this morning she has pulled a lot more fur on top of the straw in her nest building well I dug around and found the two babies she already had still on the bottem under the nest .So with her not being very happy that I was in her nestnipping and batting I put thetwo in her fur nest.

I don't think she has a clue what to do, so this must be her first babies she still has at least one more because I can see it moving. How much time should shespend with the babies ? I know wild rabbits don't stay with the nest longjust timeto feed the babies.

Send bunny :pray:'s please :(

I just left you a message on your phone - mama won't stay with them for very long - she'll feed them a couple of times per day for maybe 2-5 minutes (depending upon how long it takes them to eat).

Then she will leave them alone for the rest of the time so she doesn't draw predators to them.

If she doesn't have the last baby you think she has today...I'd see if a vet would do a phone consult or even see her for a quick look tomorrow.

The fact she's pulled more fur is a good thing - make sure you really check that nest and that there are only the two babies in there now...

Good luck.

Spot wrote:
Tessie,I am wishing best of luck to you and your bunny:pray:

Thank you so much:)

And Peg i got your message I just went to check to see if the babies where still in the nest they are and it really upsets her for me to take the lid off to check them so I didn't pick them up to see if they had full bellies I will leave them alone till this evening. She does like for me to pet her.

Yesterday I went to check the babies and she clawed me a lot so I can't check them :(So how long untill she will let me?

She is a great mom she lays right in front of the nest box,and looks in a lotto see if they are ok.She loves for me toruband pet her. But STAY AWAY from her babies :D

I want them to be tame at a early age andbe use to people holding then.

Back