Update on Smokey "Re-homed from Arkansas"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie_martin

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that she is doing great. I had posted the other day and as soon as I was done, something happened and the thread got wiped out. Anyway, just wanted to say a special thanks again to everyone involved and to let you know she is great. She is eating like a little pig. She hops right up to me and sometimes over me and is not the least bit afraid. She is not litter trained at all though. That was not true! So any hints in that regard would be great. Sometimes I let her hop around the room and she just poops as she goes. No special place. Same thing in her cage and play area. So I need some ideas. I have hay in the litter pan and she does eat it. Anyway, will try to get some pics uploaded to my computer soon. Have been busy and in a lot of pain from all the rain we just got. But things are going very well.

Thanks again Laura and Kim and Sharon at HRS

Marie

Thanks for the update! I'm glad she's doing well.

I forget, is she spayed? That might help with littertraining. Also try different litterbox set-ups. I had a similar problem with my foster bun Oberon until I finally found the litterbox set-up that he liked. For him, it's two litterboxes side by side with hay in each. Picky beast!

Thanks for the update, Marie. Glad she's doing well. :)

Is her litter problem mainly with pooping, or does she pee everywhere too? Either way, it should improve after she's spayed. In the meantime, just keep sweeping up those poops and putting them into the litter box to let her know that is where they belong. If she's peeing outside it, you can soak some of the urine up with a paper towel and put it into the litter box so the scent will be there (and clean the other spots up really well with vinegar water).

Sparky and Scooter were both unspayed when I got them and they also pooped and peed all over the house. After I spayed them, they practically litter trained themselves.

Thanks for the update Marie, Im so glad this worked out! Cant wait to see some pics of the little sweetheart in her new home!

Thanks for the suggestions. She is not spayed yet. I was trying to give her a little time to settle in and get use to us and all. She is so sweet. She is not peeing outside her cage but is pooping outside of it. She goes to pee in the litter box or inside the cage on the floor. But not in the outside area, exercise area or in the rest of the room. She just poops as she goes. Spreads it around everywhere. It could be worse, it could be chicken poop, but I still don't want it to continue forever. I am amazed at how friendly she is. She climbs up me and will lick my face. And playful. I never knew that bunnies could be so playful. She will run and jump up onto the couch where I am laying and jump up on my and if I put the cover up over my face so she can't see me she will run up there and jump over my head like looking for me. Very funny. Glad you are getting a new bun Laura. Keep us posted. I am sorry I have not posted pics. I have been really down with my illness for a couple of weeks. I will try to get some this week. Have not gotten her new cage up either but she is out in the room alot. She is such a sweetie. I just love her to pieces. Her old owner can't believe how she comes to me and jumps on me. She said Smoky never came up to them on her own. Guess she is meant to be here.

Thanks guys.

Marie

Latest posts

Back