Update on Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savannah1687

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted since I wrote that Rabbit was sick. The past week I tried everything to help her start feeling better but nothing worked so I resorted to taking her to the vet today. They did X-Rays and found that her stomach is full but she has nothing in her bowels. They put her on two types of medications; one to prevent infection and another to help gut movement. I also have to syringe feed her baby food and make sure she gets plenty of liquids for the next week. The vet said we need to get the blockage hydrated so her body can start pushing it out. If I don't see any difference within 5 to 7 days we will have to discuss surgery. Thank you all so much for your replies on here. Just keep Rabbit in your thoughts...hopefully I can get her well.

- Savannah

Sending prayers and good thoughts.

Keep us updated!!!

~Jim

Well Rabbit has been on baby food since last Wednesday and I'm finally seeing some halfway normal poops! Yay! She also seems to be feeling somewhat normal again.:bunnydance:Thanks to everyone for their poop prayers!

Oh thank goodness for that,i'm happy to hear that she is feeling much better:)

cheryl

Latest posts

Back